Some Siglo XI's that I've been told are 'fake'

chr0nic

Hello all =)

New here, and wanted to post this more as a 'gallery' than anything else... I'm pretty sure they are dead, but the photo's warranted passing round. It's the one and only time I've had to cut open a cigar (it was HORRIBLE).

Story is such: I bought a 'box' of Cohiba Siglo XI's off a local tobacconist (I'll keep his name to myself) under the pretence that a "Cuban traveller sold them to him" and "would I want to buy them cheap?" (in hindsight, they were not cheap hahaha). In my defence I was younger and stupider than today ;) I chucked them in my humidor and sparked one up a few weeks later. PLUGGED. I tried everything to save the next one: it was rock hard, so 'rolling it between the fingers' wasn't going to help, tried a 'cigar auger' technique, tried 'dry-boxing'... perhaps more that I've forgotten. No cigar, so to speak.

Finally, I decided to post a photo onto a forum. Consensus was fake- the story alone hinted at it, but the band looked suspicious too. Regardless, they wouldn't smoke and I couldn't seem to save them so I did the unthinkable and cut one open. Below are the links to the imgur gallery: the first one is a photo of the suspects, the next is the autopsy.

Glad to be a part of the community! Hope to see you all online!

PS) I still have many of these 'fakes' left. Any ideas on what I should do with them? Pranks? Suggestions?

Photo of the 'fake' Cohiba Siglo XI's

Album of me dissecting a cigar

Ciao for now-

Ryan

I'm guessing he meant Siglo VI. They look like the sixes.

Nice dissection sequence. Next time try unwrapping instead of cutting through. That way you don't have to try and piece things together and you know where each leaf was in the bunch.

Wilkey

Siglo XI?

HAHA!!

I've gone a few too many in my Roman Numerals ;)

Siglo VI's it is then... I think a sure-fire sign on a fake is to call them 'elevens' ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a terrible looking fake band. The second and third to last pictures are curious though. The bands look different in that I don't see that half row of dots while the band is on the cigar. Strange. Also, the white box that Cohiba is written on is overlapping the gold border, which is another bad sign.

As for what you should do with these cigars, I would suggest letting them dry out and not keeping them in your humi. Keep them around in your cigar area for fun or conversation pieces. Otherwise, toss them. Just mho.

No, no,no. You always save the fakes for your non-cigar-smoking-but-you-want-to-include-them friends. I mean the ones that don't have any real interest type friends.

Hate to hear they're fakes. The first pictures in their "natural" state look pretty inviting to me. Maybe the lighting?

BTW, I had a good looking fake Sig VI recently. The band gave it away. Identical to yours. But it was well-constructed.

I muscled through half. Trouble snuffing because my deceived friend was sitting with me.

Yuk.

• 3 months later...

BTW, I had a good looking fake Sig VI recently. The band gave it away. Identical to yours. But it was well-constructed.

I muscled through half. Trouble snuffing because my deceived friend was sitting with me.

Yuk.

Ha ha ha. This is funny!! I have had to do this before. Diffrent cigar same story!!

:) Heeeyy, I remember this thread!

I tried to smoke around 4- it was like trying to smoke a broomstick!

I tried heaps of different approaches: drybox, auger, pin holes, smoking halfway down... In the end the bin had a good ol' feed.

In hindsight I learned a lot, mainly not to buy a heap of sticks from ANY supplier, no matter how reputable they seem, without getting samples first ;)