Need suggestions

Hey guys. I'm new here, but I've been smoking cigars for about 2 years now. Mostly NCs (I love anything by Padron, AJ Fernandez, Camacho, and Davidoff), but I've had a box split of Partagas Serie D 4 when I got married last year and absolutely loved it.

I'm in grad school, so my money's been tied up for quite a while, but I came up with some spare funds and wanted a bit of input from you guys. I've been wanting to try some more CCs, but there are a lot of new NC releases that I'm interested in. Please let me know what you would choose from this list (other suggestions are welcome).

NCs:

Room 101 OSOK

AVO 85th Anniversary

San Lotano Oval

Room 101 Namakubi

Winston Churchill Spitfire

CCs:

Bolivar Royal Corona

Cohiba Siglo I

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Montecristo No 4

La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or 4 (Can't seem to find this anywhere though)

or just more Partagas Series D 4

One vote for RASS, over anything on your NC list IMHO.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.c...1751,-87.070635

x2 - literally choose anything on your CC list over the NC list!!!

The RASS for sure. And for a larger cigar I would vote for the PSP#2. The 2011's are great smokes. And they are available in boxes of 10 if you do not want to take too big a chance with a full 25 box.

I hate to echo everyone else but RASS tops the list you have there imo. Another great robusto is the Cohiba Robusto. I also enjoy the RyJ Short Churchill. I do agree with Henke above me the 2011 Habanos have been very good to excellent. For a small cigar the Maduro 5 Secretos are very nice as well.

Becareful Wayne, once you wade too deeply in to the Cubans you'll quickly forget about those NC's.....Wayne, the RASS, Parti D4's BRC's are all excellent smokes and good value...

Forget the NC's. :P Maybe grab a few singles.

As for CC's.....

Sig I's are great little powerhouse stix.

Monte4's can be the best/worst CC at times.

RASS is a MUST HAVE.

If you're budget conscious, HDM Palmas extras are great smokes.

PSD4's are solid performers.

get yourself some petit coronas. good value and delicious

...while everyone has an opinion... this man hit the nail on the head.

Smoking is about the experience. Since you are asking, do not get caught in the neophyte robusto rollercoaster. Popularity does not make for a better cigar and neither does the cost. PC's are not only a great place to start, once you smoke a while you will understand that their value is in their taste, not their lack of trendiness!

Just my two penneth! -:pig:

As for CC's.....

RASS is a MUST HAVE.

X2 on the palmas extras budget conscious or not.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631815,-87.070660

As for CC's.....

RASS is a MUST HAVE.

x2 on the Palmas Extras..

Sweet. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Looks like I have a few more things to add to my wishlist. And Diamondog, glad to see you here too.

The only NC on your list that I recognize is the AVO. Don't let these guys pooh-pooh NCs too much, though. As much as I love most of the CCs in my cabinet, I know for a fact that some NCs will always have a place in my rotation - I like Fuentes (primarily the Chateau series), Cain Habanos, Perdomos, Padrons, Mi Dominicanas, Ashtons, and many others. CCs are great, for sure. But variety is the spice of life. :)

I've pretty much fallen in love with the Upmann #2. It's not on your list, but it's such a crazy-good smoke that it's almost mind boggling. I've got two boxes of the 2011 variety - and they're only going to get better with age.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

The only NC on your list that I recognize is the AVO. Don't let these guys pooh-pooh NCs too much, though. As much as I love most of the CCs in my cabinet, I know for a fact that some NCs will always have a place in my rotation - I like Fuentes (primarily the Chateau series), Cain Habanos, Perdomos, Padrons, Mi Dominicanas, Ashtons, and many others. CCs are great, for sure. But variety is the spice of life. :)

I've pretty much fallen in love with the Upmann #2. It's not on your list, but it's such a crazy-good smoke that it's almost mind boggling. I've got two boxes of the 2011 variety - and they're only going to get better with age.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Oh, I know. The quality of NCs aren't lower than CCs. It's just the taste profiles are different because the tobacco's grown in different environments. I'm new to CCs, but I find myself in love with Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Dominican tobacco.