Noob Review

I must admit I was looking forward to this one, it gets lots of :thumbsup: ++ from FOH.

So I gathered the gear..

1IMG_0974_resizejpg.jpg

Plus the liquid refreshment (still hot here in Perth and I don't want to dehydrate!!)

1IMG_0973_resizejpg.jpg

Here we go..

1IMG_0975_resizejpg.jpg

Probably cut a bit more off than I normally would but it was the first go with the new cutter..

1IMG_0978_resizejpg.jpg

First 1/3...

Pretty bland to be honest, I was expecting more but this was just plain, very little smoke in the mouth on each draw, just sort of teasing because there was a lovely hint of an after taste.

Second 1/3...

Did not get better..

1IMG_0980_resizejpg.jpg

Still hinting but never delivering on the promise..

By now I'm getting bored, when will She deliver ???? .....

Last 1/3...

I'm still bored, had to leave this one.

1IMG_0981_resizejpg.jpg

It did not get better. I'm sorry to say the RASS was a really boring smoke.

In conclusion..

I'm going to refresh the Lagavulin and light up a CoRo, watch this space.

Cheers

Hmmm, this is probably the cigar I've smoked the most of over the past few years and although I've had a range of experiences from average (not often) to amazing I've never had one that I could say was bland.

Do you know how old the stick was (or at least how long you've had it for) and whay kind of RH it had been stored at? As Shlomo says it might just have been construction issues.

Great choice of Whisky by the way :thumbsup: You should try the Distillers Edition if you haven't already.

Great choice of Whisky by the way :thumbsup: You should try the Distillers Edition if you haven't already.

Just moved onto this..

IMG_0987_resizejpg.jpg

I not keen on whisky, much prefer bourbon but the Islay Malts are something very different..love the smokey flavour..

Cheers

Great review. I was never a big RASS fan until I smoked one that had a bit of age on it. I've loaded up on RA cigars in a wine cooler for long term aging since that day. Don't give up on them as others have said. I would suggest setting a few aside to forget about for a while. I think you might be surprised when you revisit them after some time had passed.

Yeah I tend to agree with you there, mostly sweet wood but not that complex and no big changes. I can see how people would love them but that profile isn't a big hitter for me.

This couldn't be more inaccurate and just tells me you have not smoked any with age. Rass need the most time of all the current cigars.

Entertaining review, just wouldn't put much stock into it.

This couldn't be more inaccurate and just tells me you have not smoked any with age. Rass need the most time of all the current cigars...

:thumbsup: agreed.

I love it when people get worked up and argue something subjective, never ceases to make me smile :rotfl:

I love it when people are so hypersensitive that disagreeing posts are often misconstrued and met with defensiveness.

I'm actually quite content knowing people form premature opinions disliking them because it means less boxes moving and more chances for me to acquire aged stock (though these move quite fast). Incidentally I just bought two more boxes for long term storage in my aristocrat.

I have never had a bland RASS. It is by far one of the most flavorful Cubans and one of my all time favorites. One to two years of box age does wonderful things to these cigars and you might just have gotten a dud, these things can and do happen.

I have never had a bland RASS. It is by far one of the most flavorful Cubans and one of my all time favorites. One to two years of box age does wonderful things to these cigars and you might just have gotten a dud, these things can and do happen.

X2