What flavours can you NOT taste?

What flavours can you NOT taste?

Everyones palate is different. Some more advanced than others simply due to the fact of the quantity of taste buds on your tongue and others more advanced simply due to experience.

However there are some flavours that people are just not predisposed to. Many have never tasted Chocolate/Coffee/Salt/Honey/Stonefruit in a Cigar.

What flavour is your nemesis....the one you would love to taste but never have?

Never had Stonefruit in a cigar. Could be due to inexperience because I am relatively new to the cigar world so haven't smoked many different types of cigars. But by golly I wanna taste some stonefruit one day if I am able to.

Rob I think that putting a finger on a particular flavor is as much a function of paying attention to what you eat and drink and the variety of your diet on a regular basis than amount of taste buds. Because my diet consists of very little sugar I am very sensitive to it. Many cigars that contain trace amounts of sweetness my palate registers it right away. The same holds true for the bready/doughy flavors- I taste that and it registers right away. I guess for me I haven't really had a cigar that differentiated between say grapefruit and orange peel but perhaps the next cigar I light up will prove me wrong- I can only hope.

I have been smoking NCs for four years. The best flavor I ever found was leather. In 6 months of Cubans I have been lucky enough to experience floral notes, chocolate, coffee, cream. I have not experienced many fruit flavors. Once or twice I might have tasted fruit. I am looking fo rmore sweet notes.

I get many flavors. Mainly out of the blue. wasabi,porcorn,cooked meat,green/sour fruit/stonefruit,astringent/glue/chemical,

chocolate,coffee,salt,caramel to name a few. many I can't label, probably because I'm not familiar with them. nutmeg or clove or other things I have never tasted. but I have never understood what people mean by spicy (to an extent), wood, earth or leather. Those descriptions are lost on me.

I like sweets, so when someone says a particular viotola has sweetness, I buy a box but rarely ever pick it up. Wood, leather, coffee, cocoa, spicyness, grassiness are what register really good with me. Never pick up fruit or herbs, I really really want to though, damn it

Flavors I associate in cigars (according to my palate): Off the top of my head

Caramel,burnt toast: PLPC

Floral/honey: LGC

Leather, citrus: Bolivar

Graham crackers and vanilla: Punch Petite Corona Del Punch

Cream, wood: Des Dieux

Mushroom, sweet dark coffee bean: Mag 46

Fruit and cream: SLR A

Fruit, graham cracker and cinnamon: Punch RS 11

Hazelnut: Guillermo Leon Signature

Crushed ants: Oh yes! Parti Shorts taste like crushed ants smell (ain't that right Smithy?)

Wood and green bell pepper: young HDM Palmas Extra

Five star anise on top of animal crackers: Dip 4

Partagas 898V: Slice of heaven I think. Tell you when I get there.

Haven't been able to associate these flavors in cigars (according to my palate):

Black licorice

White Pepper

Lemon Grass

Sugar cane

Animal