2012 Great Canadian Winter Herf benefits Nica kids

Gobsmacked! :surprised:

There's no better way to describe how I felt last night when I rec'd an email from Riaz with notice of the upcoming donation to the Nicaraguan Mission. With the sender unknown to me at first glance I thought it was spam and then reading on my jaw dropped... nearly $1200 for the kids in Nicaragua? Are these ol' peepers seeing things? When the brain finally comprehended what I was reading it just left me, well, gobsmacked! :surprised:

For those who may not be aware, over the last four years I've worked with a gentleman, Roberto, in Nicaragua who has made it his mission to feed kids in what is the second poorest nation in Central America. He receives bulk dry packages of a rice/soy product from a larger organization here in the States. Our part adds oil, veggies and chicken as additional money permits. Rob and FOH make donations and Frank with the Montreal herf did back in the fall but this unsolicited and most generous donation will go far in feeding hundreds of kids in the coming year.

Here are some pics from past visits...

post-66-0-35453100-1327353495.jpg

post-66-0-91912300-1327353476.jpg

post-66-0-67208300-1327353464.jpg

post-66-0-75754900-1327353451.jpg

post-66-0-79095800-1327353442.jpg

post-66-0-53016300-1327353506.jpg

I'll upload new photos after my next visit but again, a huge thank you to Riaz and all our Canadian brethren!

Rob, great post. Everyone had a great time raising this money. Riaz and Simon took the fundraising to the next level. And a minor correction to the post, the money I forwarded last year was from the Toronto herf. :)

Rob,

Myself, Simon and the the whole montreal crew are very proud of the money we raised, however most of this came from the genrous people who attended the montreal herf, they donated money, cigars, accessories, coffee, paintings, booze to raise this money. This amount would have never been possible without all of their generosity. thanks guys, looks like the money will go a long way

Rob,

Myself, Simon and the the whole montreal crew are very proud of the money we raised, however most of this came from the genrous people who attended the montreal herf, they donated money, cigars, accessories, coffee, paintings, booze to raise this money. This amount would have never been possible without all of their generosity. thanks guys, looks like the money will go a long way

Very true, Thanks to everyone that made this possible! We are indeed quite proud of the outcome and happy to be able to help out the kids!

Simon

"Friendship, Laughter, Fraternity, Loyalty"

What a fantastic way to start the year. Congratulations to all involved. There are some huge hearts in FOH indeed :clap:

As is my belief....Cigars are about people and friendships. You guys have nailed it.

"Friendship, Laughter, Fraternity, Loyalty"

What a fantastic way to start the year. Congratulations to all involved. There are some huge hearts in FOH indeed :clap:

As is my belief....Cigars are about people and friendships. You guys have nailed it.

Thats exactly what the evening was, freindship, laughter, loyalty and fraternity...Cigars is what brought us together from across canada, New york and california. Awesome time, awesome amount of money raised, and I'm hoping that someone at some other organised herf will outraise us (I'm looking at you toronto herf) so the bar can be set even higher.

You are right Guy, like i was telling Rob (freefallguy) reading through the nicaraguan mission threads, and how badly the kids have it there, that just fueled my desire. my personal goal was to raise at least 750$ for the fund, but almost 1200..i was floored.

If Freefallguy or Rob the prez could maybe add to this thread and tell people how they can donate to the fund themselfs, i think that is something that the guys here would appriciate. more money raised means more children fed.

If Freefallguy or Rob the prez could maybe add to this thread and tell people how they can donate to the fund themselves, i think that is something that the guys here would appreciate. more money raised means more children fed.

I must say that I am humbled by the generosity of our BOTL/SOTL from the forum. With the economy the way it has been my donor base had dwindled to El Presidente/Czar/FOH folks and me. We had consolidated centers to cut cost but now we'll be able to expand again. I think I have a new tag line... "It takes a community to feed a village."

Not more than an hour ago I booked a flight to Nicaragua next week. Some of the funds will travel with me.

I have had PM's offering additional support. If you'd also like to contribute you can PM me and I'll reply with details. Cheers!

Oh, Frank, please pardon my Toronto faux pas. I was so over the top happy I became geographically challenged. :lookaround:

Oh, Frank, please pardon my Toronto faux pas. I was so over the top happy I became geographically challenged. :lookaround:

Rob. No problem. I only brought it up for the sake of accuracy..not vanity on my part. No slight was perceived. :ok:

Good to hear that you're heading down once again to help those kids out. :clap: