My new cabinet humidor

krs

Finaly got my new humi all wired up and gettin my cigars settled in, thought I would post some pics up for you all to see, any comments welcome.

post-5184-0-07571400-1322473531.jpg

post-5184-0-86343400-1322473564.jpg

post-5184-0-58718100-1322473578.jpg

post-5184-0-84920200-1322473601.jpg

post-5184-0-87833400-1322473891.jpg

post-5184-0-35667500-1322473927.jpg

I purchased this cabinet from a company in china and organised the shipping myself. this was my first time organising freight, custom fees, fumigation and freight forwarding, it was a big pain in the ass when i think about it but worth it.

Also took up half the day getting it off the truck in the house and unboxed and out of the crate. weighing 130kg you need at least two people.

I also decided to upgrade the seals on the doors to make a good airlock, the previous didn't cut it.

All in all very happy! :cigar:

hehe yes, im not looking forward to filling it to the brim I better take it easy.

Rightly so! Nice set up. Now for the most important: fill it to the point you realize you should have got something bigger!!

WOW, awesome setup! I am currently making my own as well from an old antique-replica ice chest, 40x19x16 are the interior dimensions, should hold 750 easily...which will last, for now :)

Thanks for the comments, I out grew my wine fridge a while ago now I can start building up a collection again, but slowly I don’t want to run out of room too soon. it should last me many years

WOW, awesome setup! I am currently making my own as well from an old antique-replica ice chest, 40x19x16 are the interior dimensions, should hold 750 easily...which will last, for now :)

sounds like a good project. wouldn't mind having a look, are you going to post pics?

• 1 month later...

Not sure where your from but I got my sealer from Bunnings (called window and door weather strip by Raven Model RP59), does a great job compresses well to create a airtight seal.

Very nice looking setup. What did you use to fix the seal on the doors? I have some drawers that need a better seal on them and I don't know what to use.