Aging recommendations for some of the more popular CC

H.Upmann Magnum 46  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello my FOH brothers, I am running this poll to try and help members new to our hobby/obsession decide on some of

their first box purchases. Not all our members are fortunate enough to be able to purchase a box of fine Cubans jut

to put them down for several years before smoking one. I feel bad when I see posts about someone not enjoying a

cigar all because they smoked them to soon unknowingly. So I plan to query our members every few days with a new

cigar and keep an up to date list of the results. Similar to what the Czar crew is running right now (Thanks for

the great idea Ghabanos). Remember when you vote that these would be boxes currently available if you were to order

them from the Cigar Czar, so recent box codes.

Previously polled cigars:

Partagas Shorts

Bolivar Petite Corona

Trinidad Robusto T

I must confess...I've had allot of Zacapa XO...but either way to me (IMHO) these are so difficult to answer...I think this is where your own liking and experience comes into play...the challenge is that we all our different. This my friends is the wonderful experience of Cuban cigars...take in other's knowledge but don't forget that your own is what really count's! Experience all that you can.

I must confess...I've had allot of Zacapa XO...but either way to me (IMHO) these are so difficult to answer...I think this is where your own liking and experience comes into play...the challenge is that we all our different. This my friends is the wonderful experience of Cuban cigars...take in other's knowledge but don't forget that your own is what really count's! Experience all that you can.

I agree with you completely, but the experience of the collective may give an indication of what might work best. Readers can take away what they wish from this but for me it is interesting to see if there might be a trend...

I'm not sure that three years is the time frame to show character and five years designates legs. For some, five years is the minimum, or it used to be. Also, The Mag 46 lost it's way for a few years. "05s were never much improved with time. I hear better reports about more recent examples. Clearly, though, they are well worth putting down if they are on.

My $.02

I'm not all that experienced with these yet, but they've already become one of my favorites! The '08s I've been smoking are nothing short of fantastic! That said, they have all the signs of continuing to improve with age I think (though as I said, I'm not experienced with aging these in particular).

These take a long time to show their best but when they do its all worth the wait. I haven't had too many 08's and while they are smoking well now these are going to age rediculously well.

The idea behind this poll is to help new comers to Cuban cigars decide what box to purchase if they cant let them age for years. Hopefully if the poll shows members favoring one side or the other it will help them make a decision.