HELP: Battle of the Mini-Cigars (Mini-Panetela & Smaller)

Plato

My only experience is with the Monte Puritos and my wife and I both thought it sucked monkey balls. I got a 7-aluminum box as a free gift a while ago. It has nothing in common with Montecristo but the name. Two big thumbs down! If the other ones on your list are anying like that, I'd rather smoke a Marlboro Menthol :huh:

My only experience is with the Monte Puritos and my wife and I both thought it sucked monkey balls. I got a 7-aluminum box as a free gift a while ago. It has nothing in common with Montecristo but the name. Two big thumbs down! If the other ones on your list are anying like that, I'd rather smoke a Marlboro Menthol :huh:

X2

• Like 1

Closest thing to this format I have ever smoked is a few Monte Joyitas, which while they did taste like decent Cuban tobacco, we're really very "Monte" at all, and certainly didn't offer much other than the most basic of slightly tangy, Cuban tobacco/earth flavor.

For a short smoke I've found smoking half of an inexpensive petit corona or corona works for me.

• QyH Nacionales, or Londres Extra;
  • La Flor de Cano PC

The HdM du Maire (Small Panatela; 4x30) is a fine smaller smoke too.

When I don't have time to stand around outside to smoke a full sized CC I smoke Rafael Gonzalez - Panetelas Extra. But I too am quite interested in seeing what else in that size is good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have experimented a good bit with the Clubs and Minis because I too have occasions where I just have 15 minutes or so and want to get in a bit of a cigar. I've even done a group testing with some of the local guys (including Tampa when he was with us). We all preferred the Cohiba, Montecristo, and Partagas Clubs. They definitely have a bit of the signature flavors of their respective marcas. We also tried Romeo y Julieta Clubs, they were nondescript and not worth smoking. The Minis are smaller and a little more flimsy, and a bit less flavorful. But I have smoked and enjoyed the Cohiba and Monte Minis.

When you smoke these you have to be careful to puff them gently and slowly, they don't taste good if they burn too hot.

Of course they are not in the league of a full sized cigar. If you have the time, smoke a Monte 5 or Partagas short or RA Small Club Corona.

My tobacconist here who is excellent at getting hold of "forbidden fruit" for me traded a box of mini Guantanameras for a glass tube NC I brought him. Thanks to what I read here regularly, I've been a tad hesitant on even opening them...and I LIKE Guantanameras!

For 10mn or less smokes i've had Cohiba and Montecristo clubs and they were both very tasty considering what they are. I've also had SLR and LGC puritos and they are ok but a bit bigger, looser and harsher.

As Prof Twain says you will end up with a burnt tongue if you puff too hard on them.

• 3 months later...

Obviously I'd rather have a larger cuban any day but I do occasionally enjoy some of cuban minis. I bought a tin of 50 Montecristo Club's (in the UK) about 4 or 5 months ago and actually really enjoyed them. I used to like the minis by R & Y, Cohiba, and Montecristo but since I've started smoking proper cigars (e.g. Monte 4, Partaga Shorts, Monte 2 etc) I've got a bit fed up with them. Also I noticed that Lotusguy didn't enjoy the monte puritos at all. I actually rather liked them. Anyho, I recommend the Monte Clubs and Puritos.

Every now and then I smoke Party Chicos, they are quite pleasant little smokes.

Have smoked Monte Puritos, which I didn't like. Also smoked many of those minis, but they are not worth buying IMO.

I have experimented a good bit with the Clubs and Minis because I too have occasions where I just have 15 minutes or so and want to get in a bit of a cigar. I've even done a group testing with some of the local guys (including Tampa when he was with us). We all preferred the Cohiba, Montecristo, and Partagas Clubs. They definitely have a bit of the signature flavors of their respective marcas. We also tried Romeo y Julieta Clubs, they were nondescript and not worth smoking. The Minis are smaller and a little more flimsy, and a bit less flavorful. But I have smoked and enjoyed the Cohiba and Monte Minis.

When you smoke these you have to be careful to puff them gently and slowly, they don't taste good if they burn too hot.

Of course they are not in the league of a full sized cigar. If you have the time, smoke a Monte 5 or Partagas short or RA Small Club Corona.

I absolutely sign that.

Medium filler cigars like RG PE are right in between, sometimes very enjoyable,

somehow more "civilized" than ever too hot burning harsh cigarillos.

But that's just me,I know, they have their following, so, no offence, guys.:peace:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are not looking for the satisfaction you get from a larger cigar, I will have to disagree with the 'don't waste your time' thought on these. I've smoked quite a few minis and I do get a cuban taste from the Monti's, which i enjoy. But you do have to keep in mind it is not a full size cigar and like the Professor said, one must smoke them slow or they will overheat and ruin what little there is.

Enjoy them for what they are, and you will be afforded an enjoyable 15min smoke when time and weather are not generous.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Stargazer. Ive smoked the Cohiba minis and clubs and enjoyed them every time. They are perfect when you dont have time to burn a larger cigar and in the cold they are great. Not to mention they provide you with that cuban twang! Try them guys!

Go for ERDM Demi Tasse, they are a perfect little smoke for 15 mins or so. Close in size to club, cheap, and delicious. Very well made as well. The Cohiba clubs are ok but can get harsh at times and honestly aren't worth $1 per smoke.p

Other small 10-15 min smoke suggestions:

PL Panatelas

HdM du Maire

And surprisingly so, the Jose L Piedra Petit Cazadores are fantastic little smokes that offer great flavor and strength.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Partagas chicos is a great short smoke. Full of that familiar partagas spice, green pepper full body. Quite strong for the nose if smoked too quickly. Try to blow the smoke very very slowly from your nose. So you'll pick all the flavors.