Cohiba Gran Reserva?

Aza09

I picked these up from a little smoke shop in Jamaica a week ago. Can anyone tell by the pics if they are the real thing? They definatly smell like Cohiba. And as far as i can tell they look legit. The box is 0143 of 5000.

post-8984-1303525379.jpg

post-8984-1303525288.jpg

The box might be real. The cigars? Not so much. The bands are poor imitations. The wrapper quality is inferior. And the construction (roll) quality: awful.

I agree. Fake. The Cohiba bands should have 3 rows of 'dots' above the actual word, 'Cohiba'. You can also see the horrible inconsistency of the rolls above the actual band. No uniformity.

This is what the cigar and band should look like:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/images%5C...igar_orig_5.jpg

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/images%5C...erva_full_2.jpg

Sorry mate!

I'm not very good with the sleuthing aspect, but I tend to agree with Shrink - the cigars themselves just don't look all that good. Taking into

consideration camera shake and color variables in camera lighting and monitors, the heads and wrappers still look pretty poor.

Every photo I've seen, be it official press release type or real life member photos, have shown these to have fairly smooth, colorado-ish wrappers,

with near impeccable construction.

Here's a fantastic representative image posted by Cellinisart in another thread:

post-296-1303586237.jpg

The yellow in the Cohiba band is TOO yellow and light bright

I'm not very good with the sleuthing aspect, but I tend to agree with Shrink - the cigars themselves just don't look all that good. Taking into

consideration camera shake and color variables in camera lighting and monitors, the heads and wrappers still look pretty poor.

Every photo I've seen, be it official press release type or real life member photos, have shown these to have fairly smooth, colorado-ish wrappers,

with near impeccable construction.

Here's a fantastic representative image posted by Cellinisart in another thread:

post-296-1303586237.jpg

Yes my cigars don't look at all like that superb construction. It appears that i have bought myself a nice cigar box for 350 bucks. :P

Yes my cigars don't look at all like that superb construction. It appears that i have bought myself a nice cigar box for 350 bucks. :P

Well, if something seems too good to be true... Sorry you've been had!

Well, if something seems too good to be true... Sorry you've been had!

Thank you all for your valued opinion. And don't be sorry for me as i value a good learning lesson. My only regret is joining this forum after i came back from Cuba and Jamaica....

They might be good smoke, just freeze the hell out of them.

there are many threads here about freezing, a fake cigar would never have been frozen anywhere in the process and can ruin your entire collection if left unchecked.

Just curious - is this to check or get rid of potential beetles? any other reason?

Just curious - is this to check or get rid of potential beetles? any other reason?

Get rid of potential beetles and eggs.

I am no expert on fakes (or anything else) but if you value the contents of the humidor freeze away.

1 day in the fridge

3 days in the freezer

1 day in fridge before putting back to the humidor.

I wouldn't risk it.

Get rid of potential beetles and eggs.

I am no expert on fakes (or anything else) but if you value the contents of the humidor freeze away.

1 day in the fridge

3 days in the freezer

1 day in fridge before putting back to the humidor.

I wouldn't risk it.

JMHO, but I wouldn't put them in the fridge to start. It may give the little blighters a chance to acclimatise to the temps. I'd go straight for the freezer (ziplock the box to protect from moisture) then the fridge to bring them slowly back up to normal temp.

• 4 years later...

Did I get duped? Bought 2 a few years back and just smoked one last week. It was horrible. Here's some photos - let me know what you think. I smoked the one on the right - still have the other one... Will be visiting my local B&M to discuss...seeing as how they sold them to me.

had%202_zps3bp6n6om.jpg

The middle band is the "Reserva"

7bea304d-4ea1-4dad-8ec5-c19ed6b18b4c_zps

Compared to maduro band from an absolutely legit source:

cd20ca73-9948-4c7e-9095-e9733809f349_zps

The foot was cut at an angle.

uneven%20foot_zps3xxyodr7.jpg

The pack:

roll%202_zpsc64e4bfn.jpg

More pack:

roll%201_zpscygoo1kc.jpg

The band:

reserva%20band_zpsyha76xpz.jpg

The wrapper:

wrapper_zpstswmhpsu.jpg

The cap:

cap_zpsl0qxogrj.jpg

Did I get duped? Bought 2 a few years back and just smoked one last week. It was horrible. Here's some photos - let me know what you think. I smoked the one on the right - still have the other one... Will be visiting my local B&M to discuss...seeing as how they sold them to me.

Welcome to the forum! Before asking help from the forum, might I suggest introducing yourself here. idea.gif

• Like 1