Cohiba Gran Reserva?

Aza09

Sorry guys - I forgot to introduce myself - so just posted in the newbie intro - how newbie of me.... Well anyway, as it goes I just feel like I got ripped off.... especially when you look at that ash... that is one ugly SOB.

Ash_zpsjargbrho.jpg

And (btw) the cigar tasted like metal - made my fillings taste like I was chewing on tinfoil...now maybe it was too moist and I didn't give it enough time when I pulled it from the wineador to the room temp cabinet (where it sat for a week at 66%).

It was a pain to get it going and had to torch it, which I hate doing and look at that damn mouse hole....

rat%20hole%20copy_zpsprhapbff.jpg

I also noticed the gold boarder edge on the reserva band doesn't have any ridges or raised area...like I saw on some others... it's completely smooth and some of the gold wore off in spots... is it just me or is this totally a counterfeit?

• 2 months later...

Here are mine; the GR's are pretty light in wrapper colour, also the wrapper "smoothness" isn't known for being necessarily the most beautiful.

attachicon.gifL1030367.jpg

attachicon.gifL1030368.jpg

attachicon.gifL1030369.jpg

attachicon.gifL1030371.jpg

attachicon.gifL1030374.jpg

attachicon.gifL1030375.jpg

The varying gold portions of the GR bands being thin/wide/embossed/flat from cigar to cigar are a little concerning to me. The main band seems to vary as well. I could be wrong but thought I'd chime in.