Cohiba Seleccion Reserva

stephenbj

Hi guys,

Still working on the same batch of stuff I got from this new vendor of mine. This is suppose to be a Cohiba Seleccion reserva. Anyone own or have seen these before?

d5ce5844.jpg

1029aa73.jpg

e8d1d672.jpg

9bdf68f6.jpg

e0403723.jpg

27d4474e.jpg

ed18ee95.jpg

857c6b52.jpg

a37be0bf.jpg

94c42710.jpg

d00c9a9d.jpg

0affcf4a.jpg

Looks fine to me (I don't have a box like this myself, but have seen them)

Does it smell right when you open it?

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...ecci|on_Reserva

Does not smell like the aged and well kept cigars I have. But does not smell funny to me. I think I am going to bring it to my trusted cigar shop and have them take a look at it.

Yep had one and they were great!

Looks the goods how do they taste?

Sharks

to be honest, the singles I've had from this collection have been less than stellar; good but not in the same league for me as most of the other Cohiba LE's I've had.

it's a lovely box to have though, good score!

• 9 months later...

I know this thread has been dead for awhile,but i was looking through the older threads and noticed this one.The outside cardboard box seems to have the newer warranty seal with the hologram.It also looks to me like the tracking number for the habanos authenticity check has been cut off like a box purchased from a gray market vendor.I thought these were produced in 2003 so I beilieve this would have the warranty seal with the red serial number on it.Other than that everything else looks great although I have never had seen a box of these in person so I could be wrong.

I know this thread has been dead for awhile,but i was looking through the older threads and noticed this one.The outside cardboard box seems to have the newer warranty seal with the hologram.It also looks to me like the tracking number for the habanos authenticity check has been cut off like a box purchased from a gray market vendor.I thought these were produced in 2003 so I beilieve this would have the warranty seal with the red serial number on it.Other than that everything else looks great although I have never had seen a box of these in person so I could be wrong.

Give that man a cigar :perfect10:

Give that man a cigar :perfect10:

I agree with that catch, however, there's a....catch.

If you look closely where that newer hologram warranty seal is on the outer box, it looks like there's the glue residue mark from one of the original-type warranty seals. My thought would be that this was something that sat around, didn't get sold, and then that old warranty seal fell off, and then someone (Habanos, LCDH, or dealer/vendor) maybe put on one of the newer seals in a "Revisado" type of thing. Just a thought, you know, with Cuba being Cuba.

Similar though, if you notice the laquered-box, where it's stamped and burnished in with the "Cohiba Seleccion, Habana Cuba" text, it almost looks like it was stamped in with something else maybe, and then refinished and redone.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All boxes that are still in Cuba was mandated to get the new hologram sticker for added protection from counterfeiters. There were lots of older boxes this week that both had the revisitado stamp and the new hologram sticker in Havana.

Seconded.

And most of them looked WONDERFUL.....

So many cigars, so little time!!! daydream.gif