odors, smells, cigar breath, and clothing

I find eating something greasy like a kebab and burger will get rid of most of the aftertaste.

Definately recommend the shower and brushing before going to bed or snuggling up to the missus. As for clothes, give 'em a sprtiz of Febreze or Resolve.

All of the above bud.

I tend to brush my teeth as well as have a shower should the smell get into my hair. However normally, I don't end up that bad (Unless I been around other cigar smokers and my clothes get saturated with the smells).

A great thing I came across some years back are these great little mints (Apparently made for cigar smokers) and I tend to order them from the states, can be found online, all you need do is Google the mints names and you will get many links to stockists.

4366.jpg

These work a treat IMO. :2thumbs:

Floss and brush to clean your breath.

Change your clothes.

Shower or at least wash your face. I use the wife's apricot scrub. Its like washing with gravel. It really does the job and doesn't have much of an odor itself. I.e. you won't smell like a girl. ;)

As for the hair..see showering. I'm bald so I use the scrub on my scalp. :D

:D Whoa - what an unfortunate way to look at the after effects of what to me is the lingering aroma of wonderful Nirvana experience. Anyway, for the persons in the vicinity who "don't like our hobby", I always light an incense stick while I'm smoking my stogies. Particularly nice are the ones from India. There is never any odor or smoke residue left in the area soon after, and we have a small house with even smaller smoking area. As far as "breathing" anybody afterwards, I don't seem to be the bearer of such I guess because I only drink iced herb tea with my smoke rather than any liquors or so on. I've just never had any complaints directed my way...but then I seldom get right up in somebody's face these days! ;)

I try to smoke my cigars as "cool" as possible and notice a big difference in how long my breath smells. Additionally, if it is really bad I have gargled with vodka. It works for the most part. For me the breath thing is the hardest part. My wife hates it, so I have tried everything.

I don't mind any of those things. It's all part of my the cigar experience for me.

+1

The smell of the clothes the next day is a nice reminder of a fine cigar.

Smoking inside though sometimes leaves a too heavy smell lingering. This seems to be worst in humid cool weather, otherwise no problem :)

All of the above bud.

I tend to brush my teeth as well as have a shower should the smell get into my hair. However normally, I don't end up that bad (Unless I been around other cigar smokers and my clothes get saturated with the smells).

A great thing I came across some years back are these great little mints (Apparently made for cigar smokers) and I tend to order them from the states, can be found online, all you need do is Google the mints names and you will get many links to stockists.

4366.jpg

These work a treat IMO. :)

Completely AWESOME, Mika!!! Those are exactly what I was thinking of, from the moment I read the title of this thread and before I stepped into the posts. You couldn't be more right - those mints are the bee's knees!

We have them all around here, in the various cigar shops and whatnot. They're made by Altadis, and are for smokers - they're powerful at their work, like Altoids, but unlike Altoids, they're not excessively overpowering. They just do their job, and do it really well.

Suprised that Pres does not have these listed in his store stock....

But then again, they are potent - you dare not set them in a humidor, or anywhere near your stock, so sending them in with a cigar shipment could likewise be hazardous.

Suprised that Pres does not have these listed in his store stock....

But then again, they are potent - you dare not set them in a humidor, or anywhere near your stock, so sending them in with a cigar shipment could likewise be hazardous.

It is a great idea you know if they were stocked by Czars, then I wouldn't have to order them from the states. :drool: