El Dorado 15 YO Guyana Rum

Hugomarink

Just tried some of this the other day. Had never heard of it, but I see it goes for about the same as a bottle of Zacapa 23 YO. I was very pleasantly surprised by this rum. I found it to be super smooth and very tasty. Definitely an outstanding sipping rum. Anybody else familiar with this stuff?

Yes sir. I prefer this to the Zacapa.

Would you like to find heaven? Match an aged El Rey del Mundo with this fine rum. This combination was my typical dusk experience last summer.

I had a JL #2 with the El Dorado on Monday and it was a fantastic pairing. Wonderful. I'm drinking some Zacapa XO right now and it's not tasting as good as I remember the El Dorado tasting.

• 2 months later...

This is a very good rum value for money and worthy of its numerous awards...wonderfully smooth and complex. I'm going to look for the 21 year old next.

This is a very good rum value for money and worthy of its numerous awards...wonderfully smooth and complex. I'm going to look for the 21 year old next.

21 year old is in a different league for me; beautiful stuff!

XO Zacapa, by the way, is also one of my favorites.....

• 8 months later...

I actually picked up a bottle last month after hearing so many good things about it. I can't remember what I paired it with but I did really like it but still prefer Zacapa 23.

ElDorado 12 is my go to rum. There is a huge jump in price from the 12 to the 15, so I usually stick with the 12 but it's a great rum with a few cubes and a cigar.

• 2 weeks later...

On Shlomo's advice i picked up a bottle of El Dorado 15, and it is a fantastic bottle of rum, very smooth, nice sweetness to it, pairs great with every cigar i've had it with so far. This bottle will be a regular in my rotation for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. Is it difficult to find in the states?

I've seen it around the Buffalo area for a good price, not sure about elsewhere stateside.