Your cigar dissapointment for 2010

Romeo y Julieta "Wide Churchills". Airy, bland, and while well-constructed and even though I generally like the R&J profile, this vitola was a long boring smoke.

Don't really have a runner-up for that puppy. Although I did have a couple of duds of miscellaneous stuff here and there. But nothing on the level of the Wide Churchill.

*Well so far, that's gonna be the second consecutive verdict I've seen concerning the R&J Wide Churchill, as far as its being a dud smoke. While I'm not a robusto fan, it seems that when one is purchasing sample cigar packs from dealers it is the only size they offer. So it's a case of passing up on it or going ahead and taking advantage of what are sometimes GREAT specials. Thus, the time may come when I finally try one of these. :D

My biggest dissapointment was a Mag 50 tubo on new years eve. Before I left the hotel I held both a Sig VI tubo and a Mag 50 tubo in my hand. I figured that I would smoke the Mag after dinner and grab the Cohiba back at the hotel right before new years hit. The mag was one of the most poorly rolled cigars that I ever had. The draw was so loose it was like sucking air. It also kept going out, burnt terribly, and sometimes I couldn't even get a draw. Oh well, mama said that there would be days like these.

Cohiba Maduro Genios 5. I’ve had two from a box of 10, and the second assured me the third wouldn’t be smoked for quite a while. Both were, to me, muddy and confused. I’m a maduro fan, but these wrappers were mottled, blotchy and unattractive. Both burned poorly and required burn corrections. The experience so far has been, literally and figuratively, bitter.

There've been even worse cigars, of course, but disappointment correlates with anticipation and you can imagine how much I'd been looking forward to these.

All that said, I've made my move out of the city to the hills for my retirement, and my cigars all seem to be smoking much better up here!

My biggest disappontment was in one of my staple winter cigars. the San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe from 2010 was just a major disappointment for me this year. Sad as they are on of my favorite minutos...

Funny you mention these, I have a box from mar 10 and they have been hit and miss, emphasis on miss!

Biggest misses are the bum boxes of 07 Punch Punch (cardboard) and 07 RJ SHort Churchills (a little better than cardboard).

07 PLPC have been boring and bland; PL Robusto box has been "meh".

The one RJ Wide (also Abr 10) was a cracker!

I can't nail it down to one. Any cigar that is below my average I will be happy to throw in this category. I smoked a few EL's that were not worth remembering and some the Cohiba Maduros that fit the mold. My consolation that they appear to put all the **** tobacco in the cigars that I don't like to smoke! Thanks H SA!!! -Piggy