A look back at 2010

Look carefully! There is a picture of me smoking a Monte in my mares' corral while they are eating, right next to Trashy the dog! -LOL

*Okay, I see 'em. Was staring too hard at your RA Regional!

*Okay, I see 'em. Was staring too hard at your RA Regional!

As a kid I raced motorcycles. As a result we (motocross types) and horse people did not get along as we often shared the same outdoor space. I commonly could be heard saying, "Look that horse has got two asses!"

... now I have become an extra horses ass myself! -LOL

..more rRegionals and LE's than the Dubai airport ;)

Great work Piggy!

The nice thing about being a horses ass... is that the fan base sends you hate mail and two banded cigars. While I enjoy the levity, all the cigars in the bottom corner were sent by a brother here including the Cohiba Reserva (thanks again mate). It is good to be loved!!! -Ray

PS: Hating cigars you have not smoked makes you a Smokist! Hating them as result of their poor performance makes you an objective critic, wise, accurate, good looking, witty....

...but I digress! -:lol:

Wow Ray! That there's a lot of double-banded cigars, huh?!!! ;)

Great looking photo collage. But, I like the one that you posted earlier this year of Trashy and you driving down the road in your truck/car, a picture taken in the reflection of the side-view mirror, and it looked like Trashy only had one, freakishly-huge eye. THAT picture was awesome!

But, I do like your EL ones too! :lol:

Nice pix and collage Dom Pig... pray tell, are those shots of nice memorable smokes? or are they just nice shots of unremarkable smokes?

While this will sound arrogant as hell, I do my best to improve my smoking experience by smoking a lot of the same cigars and not moving about cigar boxes looking to see how they taste. When a box is really good, I smoke the whole contents until gone. As a result most of my smoking is excellent, but I do get 1 or 2 funks a year where my picks are awful and so are the cigars.

My goal is more to get nothing worse than a good cigar every time, with excellent cigars very often. I am not really taking on new cigars to try anymore, I am just out of that phase of my smoking life. I don't want to experiment at the cost of my pretty high standard, even though I like to experience. Most of these cigars are everyday cigars for me except the EL's and the 'high-line' stuff. The real pleasure of cigars is in the smoking... and secondarily for me it is in getting the best cigars for the least amount of bread.

2010 is gone and I have not smoked a 2010 cigar... unless someone has given me one and I just did not take note of the date. I think this handicaps me as being a source for current vintage experience (I have none), but there is no shortage of that here to make up for where I am lacking. All I need do is ask Rob or one of you characters tips on current vintages!

Out of the picture the mediocre cigars were mostly outside of my niche of cigars, the ones I tried but don't regularly smoke. I did not like the RACF, Montes are low on my list except for the #1 and #3 when good. The '01 Lanceros are tops for me, the RG's a staple and most of the thin rings worth their weight in gold. The '07 box of Party SdC #2 that I dedicated to our missing man Tampa are outstanding! The background pic was a custom diademas that was smoked on New Years 2010 and presented on an ashtray from our friend Rob. That cigar was outstanding but waaaay toooo lonnng!

I would say these were average cigars for me. I tend to believe my average is very high at least by my palate.

-Piggy

Thanx for the reply mate. Many of us dream of building a stash suitable to our palates, and to regularly indulge in their nowadays evanescent quality. Cheers!

Good to see you posting again mate. Been wondering where the a lot of the old blood went!!! Cheers. :D