poor timing

currently down the coast with friends and plan to catch the family in a day or two but needed my mother to duck over to my place to grab the cholesterol pills - originally, i planned on zipping back home in between - as didn't bring quite enough.

now, even though it is smack in the midst of snake season, so far i've only seen the large docile carpet pythons, though plenty of others should be around.

so when does a large and grumpy brown snake decide to camp out side my door? just when mum arrives.

the only report i've had back is that i am now effectively indentured as a human slave to my mother for eternity (tho how anyone will tell the difference is beyond me). there is apparently not enough tea on the planet to calm her nerves (she doesn't drink, though now would be a good time to start).

happy new year.

*You guys have some "somethin' else!" wildlife in the Land of Oz! I'm thinking of the late Richard Jeni imitating the late Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin in his dealings with an Australian Brown Snake; "This is the deadliest snake in the world! Just one drop of 'is venom could wipe out a city! So you should never grab 'im by the tail and sling 'im around like I'M doing! Now, the snake is pissed off! He's gonna chase me where I can lead 'im to safety!"

*You guys have some "somethin' else!" wildlife in the Land of Oz! I'm thinking of the late Richard Jeni imitating the late Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin in his dealings with an Australian Brown Snake; "This is the deadliest snake in the world! Just one drop of 'is venom could wipe out a city! So you should never grab 'im by the tail and sling 'im around like I'M doing! Now, the snake is pissed off! He's gonna chase me where I can lead 'im to safety!"

actually my grandmother, who was a real bushie, used to catch them by the tail and then crack them like a whip. good way to kill them very quickly. cracks their spine.

and the one to watch is billy connelly doing his version of aussie wildlife on his first visit. tears down my face.

actually my grandmother, who was a real bushie, used to catch them by the tail and then crack them like a whip. good way to kill them very quickly. cracks their spine.

Have heard of this method never seen it in action.

Browns are alot more easy going than the tigers though, they are alot more aggressive :lol3:

Can do without them near the house though.

Sharks

If I have to explain it, it loses some of it's wit and charm, so I hang my head in shame.

Which should make you happy.....

Ross as I know you are a huge fan of Uncle chop chops body or work.

Have you seen the Chopper sound board you can get as an app for your iPhone ?

Hours of fun for the whole family there.