Chewing on the end of a cigar?!

I went out tonite to hang out with a couple of friends to smoke a cigar. I met a guy who said he was smoking a Cuban Black Label Partagas.....? I also noticed that he was licking and sucking and chewing on the end of his cigar. I mean, he was literally peeling the cap off which was left after he cut it and was chewing it like it was chewing tobacco. The end of his cigar was now drenched from his mouth and he continued to do this for about 15 minutes before he smoked it. I was just wondering because the only person or people i've ever seen do this was Clint Eastwood when he was riding a horse in a movie!!! Might be a newbie question but is there any rhyme or reason for doing this? I was too embarrassed to ask what he was doing because he was so into just sucking the end of his cigar...it kinda made me nervous...LOL.

Hey...to each his/her own. Everyone enjoys their cigar in their own particular way. We're not smoking it for them, so who are we to say.

Hey...to each his/her own. Everyone enjoys their cigar in their own particular way. We're not smoking it for them, so who are we to say.

agreed, cigar smoking such an idiosyncratic hobby. Pretty alpha chewing your cigar IMO lol

ALthough I don't really chew my smokes, I do get rather "lippy" with them as they get the tastebuds and juices flowing! So don't ask to take a puff of a cigar that I am working on...it's generally on the wet side.

agreed, cigar smoking such an idiosyncratic hobby.

Yep. But some things are just plain gross. I read a post some time back about a guy who used to pre-wet the cigar along its length a la the "deep throat" technique. About some things, the less said, the better. :)

Wilkey

:P I luv my cubuns but I ain't gonna absent mindedly just slurp all over it...it'd be like smoking my own spit - :D

Everyone has their own technique.

I know people who effectively make love to their cigar for the hour as if it was a high priced mistress. Others whom almost dismiss the cigar as if it is a telemarketer :D

I have been known to walk around with an unlit cigar in my mouth for extended periods of time (never anything good though, just junk I have accumulated over the months), usually at parties where a finer cigar would not get the attention it deserves. Ultimately these are the cigars I smoke when I have had a wee bit much to drink, and am out on the back patio at a party with the rest of the smokers, smoking my cigar, just because it is there, not because it is anything special.

That said, I would never dare do this to anything that I would actually want to sit down and really pay attention to...

Yep. But some things are just plain gross. I read a post some time back about a guy who used to pre-wet the cigar along its length a la the "deep throat" technique. About some things, the less said, the better. :(

Wilkey

Wow. What vitola did he smoke? Churchills?