Looking for recommendations

Hi.

I normally just read, but thought I would tap the vast knowledge out here.

Looking for some suggestions on what to try next.

My two go-to cigars have been Cohiba Siglo IIs (when I want something smaller) and Montecristo Edmundos.

I normally don't smoke anything larger than a Robusto size.

I find the Cohiba's good, but somewhat overpriced, probably due to their hype.

I don't care for the lighter flavor profiles like most of the Romeo Juliettas and such.

Thoughts? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

JT

You must have small hands :2thumbs:

N'est pas, monsieur - I was graced with deft meathooks. I'm really not typing on a keyboard with my sausage fingers - I have a trained monkey sitting on my computer desk, typing at will through my telepathic powers. :D

All kidding aside, unfortunately I'm the opposite of having small hands, so a robusto is one of the most comfortable sizes for me.

But, everyone was suggesting longer and/or bigger cigars than his stated preference of robusto, so I thought I'd go for a swing in the other direction. Roughly the same length as a robusto, but a bit narrower on the ring gauge, yet a very flavourful and action-packed smoke.

Something different. For the "small hand" wannabe in all of us! :DB)

Almost anything Partagas. Overall some of the best price:value cigars tending to a fuller profile.

Diplomaticos too, if you can find them.

*Ditto. Was going to suggest just that...any Partagas. You just can't go wrong.

I'm not going to add anything of value to this post because all are good advice.

However, if you do buy a box and you let it sit for at least a month and you don't particular like it when you smoke it, then I have one suggestion:

Smoke, non-cubans for a week straight, then try your habanos again. Chances are, you will like it. :innocent:

The Petit Coronas is a major selling cigar in many parts of the world short of the States. Good cigars come in all sizes but the best cigars come in lesser rings and a lot of PC and smaller cigars fit the bill for me. I would suggest opening up to the world of the Petit Coronas, just about any one of them, and you will find a potentially fine cigar.

Below that of the PC, without going into specific vitolas there are a host of superior cigars; the Party Short, RASCC, El Principe, Monte and Diplo 5, du Depute (a favorite of mine) all first class cigars with character beyond the mediocre robusto! JMHO... -Piggy

Gonna hve to agree with Piggie on this one. Robustos can be great but I find are more inconsistent in blend integrity than the smaller gauges. If you really are set on robustos pick up the 07 PL regionals while they last. As for PC's, like piggy said dive right in. They are all distinct and represent their respective marcas very well at a great value nonetheless.

The PC is a great size, as others have pointed out. But, it would behoove you not to try some sticks from some different sizes.

(Corona Gordas smoke about the same amount of time as a Robusto, are just a little smaller in Ring and Longer in length.

I find the representation in this size to have outstanding flavor and selection, and often prefer them over Robusto.

Targets would be the Upman Mag 46; Juan Lopez 1; SLR A; Boli CE)

BTW, There are some great samplers of PC, CG and Robustos offered by the prez. Start there!