A lesson for the "Do It Yourself" types

Police in Gumperda, Germany, arrested a 64-year-old retired do-it-yourselfer in November after he drilled through a neighbor's wall in their duplex home. The man had spent two days trapped in his own basement, where he had laid bricks and mortar for a room but apparently forgot to leave himself an exit. [bBC News, 11-25-10]

Police in Gumperda, Germany, arrested a 64-year-old retired do-it-yourselfer in November after he drilled through a neighbor's wall in their duplex home. The man had spent two days trapped in his own basement, where he had laid bricks and mortar for a room but apparently forgot to leave himself an exit. [bBC News, 11-25-10]

The Cask of Amontillado.

*And I thought those old cartoons showing somebody setting a thousand mousetraps throughout the room, then finding he'd trapped himself in a little corner with no way out but...! was just a hypothetical :rolleyes:

When I am working, I typically remodel department stores.

Most of the interior of these buildings are non-structural, steel frame and drywall construction. Most of the decks (floors above) are 14 feet or greater above the floor. As a result, the framers use scissor lifts for their "full height" wall framing. I watched one of my crew actually frame, wall and tape themselves (their scissor lift) into a fitting room one time. I wanted to see how long it would take them to figure it out and the electricians and I had a pool going! Pretty damn funny watching them cut a hole in the wall that they just built to drive out the lift!!! -Piggy

The father of a childhood friend once built a canoe in the attick...

He actually had to and did open part of the roof to get rid of it.

The fact that he was a professor in nuclear science obviously did not rule out stupidity.

The father of a childhood friend once built a canoe in the attick...

He actually had to and did open part of the roof to get rid of it.

The fact that he was a professor in nuclear science obviously did not rule out stupidity.

Intelligence and common sense are not always mutually inclusive. :2thumbs:

my step-brother (notice the "step" not blood related) poured cement in his house for a new shower floor. He forgot to cover the water drain.