True or False

I still don't know if I believe the article below. Our Turkish friends may be able to shed some light.....or not :lol:

For a modern EU nation, Turkey's military-service homophobia is epic: Absolutely no gays allowed! However, since Turkey requires universal service, homosexuality is a way to avoid the military, for straights as well as gays. The government knows that, though, and gets all up in the face of anyone claiming exemption based on homosexuality. You have to prove it, and for some officials, the only really persuasive evidence is a photograph of yourself engaged in the act . . and then, only if you're receiving! (And they have to see your face, so stop biting the pillow and turn toward the camera!) (Bonus: But the Czech Republic is apparently the only EU country to still hook up the penile plethysmograph to verify the orientation of alleged gays who seek political asylum.) Foreign Policy /// BBC News

This sounds so stupid that it has to be true... :lol:

Personally I find it ridiculous for any army having a no-***-policy. As long as any brother or sister is fighting on my side I couldnt care less about their sexual preferences.

post-2756-1292283041.jpg

This sounds so stupid that it has to be true... :2thumbs:

Personally I find it ridiculous for any army having a no-***-policy. As long as any brother or sister is fighting on my side I couldnt care less about their sexual preferences.

What if they're just making you coffee in the morning? Usually only 1 out of 10 members of the armed forces are actually combat related.

What if they're just making you coffee in the morning? Usually only 1 out of 10 members of the armed forces are actually combat related.

The combat-thingy was just an example. I only judge people by their deeds, not who they are sleeping with (kiddyfiddlers excluded). ;)

*So Cpl. Klinger would still be out of luck here too, eh? :buddies::party: