Juan Lopez Petit corona

*I'm beginning to solidify my opinion of the Juan Lopez, and while impressive, it's a little light in flavor for a Habano. I dare say ! the Monte Cristo Open has more going for it as far as flavor - just my opinion. For the Petite Corona size, it would appear to be a bit more on the ball than the regular size Juan's. Hope that was a tad helpful. Maybe? :huh:

Had suffered through my last box that I finished a few months ago. Construction was piss poor. Out of 25, probably 15 was way too tight, 5 plugged, and 5 decent.

The flavors were fantastic when the cigar behaved well.

Another box of these is in the contemplation pile only because the flavors are really great. Still opt for the JL #1 though.

Boli PC

PLPC

Punch RS #12

Dip 4's

These don't get a lot of buzz, but I was fortunate to stumble upon them a few years ago. They're one of my faves. I can run out of most cigars and not sweat it, but I always keep backup boxes of these, and I always keep tab on how many I have left.

Very consistently good for me - kind of one dimensional, but sometimes I just want to smoke a very tasty cigar and not analyze it.

75%+ of my stash are PCs. There are so many great PCs. I can't say these outshine Boli/Monte/PorLarr/etc, but on any given night I am just as likely to reach for a Juan Lopez as any of them.

I have a great looking box that has not performed well in the construction or flavor department. I check one every few months, but so far nada.

If they tasted remotely close to a JL1 or JL2, I would gobble them up.

Boli PC takes the cake

Monte 4 is second

If they tasted remotely close to a JL1 or JL2, I would gobble them up.

I also find that these have a distinct, and different flavor than the other JL's. But I like the taste. I've been smoking from a couple boxes of early 2006 that have mellowed well.

Love PCs...just don't care much for the JLPC, or JLs in particualr really. Like the price point, just not the taste.

In terms of PCs though, my favorite would be the PLPC...followed closely by the now discontinued Punch RS12. While not a true PC, the Trini Reyes rock as well. Monte 4s are crackers as well when on.

Well I will bite my tongue tonight. I thought I would take one for the team so I hit a JLPC sitting in my "ready to smoke" humidor. So far, no major burn issues and there is a unique flavor, that is good! I can best describe it as really sweet leather (baseball mit) with a floral spice/pepper.

It just goes to show that you can never (well almost never) write off a marca or a box...such is the world of habanos!