Cohiba Siglo VI Jar

Very nice.

I only get Siglo VI's every so often - I try to ensure that I always have one in my humidor for "special" occasions, but unfortunately most of them end up just as an early 90's rated cigar for me, nothing that utterly blows my socks off. However, granted, the ones I get are usually the tubos versions, so there's the definite consequence of them not being able to marry and age well with their brethren in a cabinet or box.

These jars, are they a standard packaging, commonly available? Or are they a special thing that they only did for a year or two?

I love the idea of some of these jars (P1, LGC, etc.). Harkens back to the good old days - I'm sure these immensely help with the aging process.

Very nice.

I only get Siglo VI's every so often - I try to ensure that I always have one in my humidor for "special" occasions, but unfortunately most of them end up just as an early 90's rated cigar for me, nothing that utterly blows my socks off. However, granted, the ones I get are usually the tubos versions, so there's the definite consequence of them not being able to marry and age well with their brethren in a cabinet or box.

These jars, are they a standard packaging, commonly available? Or are they a special thing that they only did for a year or two?

I love the idea of some of these jars (P1, LGC, etc.). Harkens back to the good old days - I'm sure these immensely help with the aging process.

Hi CanuckSARTech,

They are not standard packaging. I believe they are only available in Germany and Switzerland. It started with H.Upmann Magnum 46 Jar last year. This year the distributors for Germany and Switzerland brought out the Cohiba Siglo VI Jar, the Montecristo Edmundo Jar and the Romeo and Julieta Short Churchill Jar. Those look pretty cool as well.

regards

Lars

Seems much cheaper than the Partagas P1 jar or the LGC Delicias jar...thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

I would have a hard time smoking the first cigar from that presentation. I have enough trouble breaking the varnish cabs, never mind something like that.

If the cigars are agers, that jar looks like a great place to let them sleep.

WOW I did not even know the Cohiba put out a Jar of Siglo VI's. How many in a jar?

This is a Europe (esp German / Swiss) released done by the local distributors, not by Habanos. 25 standard cigars to a jar. Similar other jars done as I recall.

• 3 months later...