Flights are booked, be ready here I come

Lise...looking forward to your visit. Here are a few restaurant recommendations...

BBQ - Blue Smoke, Brother Jimmy's

Steak - Peter Luger (located in Brooklyn, but easy enough to get too - gruff service, poor ambiance, best steak anywhere), Benjamin, Churrascaria Plataforma (Brazilian Steakhouse - Only go if you are really hungry...the meat literally does not stop coming to the table unless you flip the pillar on the table to red).

Deli - Carnagie Deli (best tasting), Katz's Delicatessen (most popular - Ever see When Harry Met Sally?)

These are just some of my personal favorites, there are many restaurants more highly rated, but I don't think you can go wrong with these. God knows there is no shortage of good restaurants in NYC.

Oh...there are plenty of bars, clubs, lounges etc. If you give me an idea of what you and your girlfriends are interested in, I'd be happy to recommend a few.

Look forward to seeing you in the Big Apple...

Had to cut down the quote, but I second the places that thechenman has put down.....All awesome choices.

haha Lisa, you know I was yelling at you to get your butt over to Babbo last time! So I'm gonna give you mine and Missi's favorite restaurant in NYC... it will cost you all of $25 with wine too. Go for lunch the day after you go to Babbo. Its called Caracas and its a little Venezuelan Arepa bar located on 7th street between 1st and A. When you go make sure that you are hungry and order 2 arepas including my personal favorite: a La Surena and sub the chicken for pork shoulder (pernil). You will thank me in March when Missi and I are sitting on the deck at Czars! Have fun!

Lise...which W hotel in Manhattan are you staying at. There are several...

Staying at the Lexington Avenue W , getting very excited now... we are going to Daniels for my Birthday as we won't to go somewhere special and will try to get to Babbo while we are there

Have to work out with the guys when the parties are and will post it on the forum

Lisa

Staying at the Lexington Avenue W , getting very excited now... we are going to Daniels for my Birthday as we won't to go somewhere special and will try to get to Babbo while we are there

Have to work out with the guys when the parties are and will post it on the forum

Lisa

Can't wait to see you and the girls in San Fran! Should be a blast!

Lisa,

In SF go to Gary Danko's (although it's not cheap) and also try Luna Park in the Mission. For pizza, check out Cafe Delfina (also in the Mission). I also hear the new Bar Agricole is pretty awesome for food and great cocktails. Oh, you should also check out Smuggler's Cove for awesome rum cocktails (although it's best to get there near opening time at 5pm because the place is small and fills up fast).

I'll let you know if I think of any other cool places.

Andy

haha Lisa, you know I was yelling at you to get your butt over to Babbo last time! So I'm gonna give you mine and Missi's favorite restaurant in NYC... it will cost you all of $25 with wine too. Go for lunch the day after you go to Babbo. Its called Caracas and its a little Venezuelan Arepa bar located on 7th street between 1st and A. When you go make sure that you are hungry and order 2 arepas including my personal favorite: a La Surena and sub the chicken for pork shoulder (pernil). You will thank me in March when Missi and I are sitting on the deck at Czars! Have fun!

X2 on recommendation for Caracas. Great place.

Lisa

Hey Lisa, you will love the W on Lex. If your in the mood for burgers you should walk down the street to "rare" they serve some of the best I've ever had. As for Daniel, its definitely a solid meal and great experience but IMO overpriced. I really think you would be better off at Per Se in the time warner center. Both are going to be unforgettable but I have to give the nod to Per Se... after Babbo of course. If you do hit Per Se be sure to order the tasting menu and for a great place for drinks before check out Stone Rose in the same building. Have a blast and see you in Brisbane soon!

Lisa, SF is great for food. My absolute favorite restaurant is La Folie on Polk St.. Great french food. I like it better than Fleur de Lys and slightly cheaper. Another great choice and cheaper is R&G Lounge in china town. The salt and pepper dungeness crab is awesome and it is in season. I would avoid eating in Fisherman's Warf. No really good places and just a tourist trap. If you go to napa, Ruthoford Grill is a great place to eat and Taylor's Refreasher for lunch is a classic napa thing to do. The French Laundry is great but very $$$. I work right around the corner from the Westin, drop me a line. It would be great to hook up. Enjoy!

Rangers at Flyers? :thumbsdwn: LUCKY!!!!!

NY Rangers are my favorite Hockey team, and I've only seen one live NHL game ever - NYR vs the Penguins in NY at Madison Square Garden. Phenomenal place to watch a game, you won't be disappointed! Also helped that Sean Avery scored 2 goals and the Rangers beat the Penguins..... :thumbsdwn:

Enjoy it Lisa! Make sure you cheer for the Rangers - and get one of those little NYR Teddy Bears with a Lundqvist jersey as a souvenir too!

Watched a lot of hockey games @ MSG when The Great One playing for them. By then of course Gretzky was past his prime. I saw him play quite a few times before I headed east for college while he was playing with the Kings in LA as well. If it wasn't for him, I don't think I would have begun following hockey.

Hey Lisa, you will love the W on Lex. If your in the mood for burgers you should walk down the street to "rare" they serve some of the best I've ever had. As for Daniel, its definitely a solid meal and great experience but IMO overpriced. I really think you would be better off at Per Se in the time warner center. Both are going to be unforgettable but I have to give the nod to Per Se... after Babbo of course. If you do hit Per Se be sure to order the tasting menu and for a great place for drinks before check out Stone Rose in the same building. Have a blast and see you in Brisbane soon!

Lisa, I couldn't agree more with recommending Per Se. Nothing against Daniel, but I think the superior dining experience is to be had at Per Se. A few other posters recommended The French Laundry while in SF and the two restaurants (Per Se and TFL) are owned by the same Chef, Thomas Keller and have almost identical menus. I've had the pleasure of eating at most of his restaurants and they're second to none and I think you'd enjoy it. Each night at Per Se, they offer either a tasting of vegetables or the chef's tasting menu. You can have a look at both menus here: http://www.perseny.com/

If you do go to Per Se, here's a little tip... when making your menu selections, tell the waiter/waitress you would like to have "Coffee and Doughnuts". Its a course that's only served if requested. :thumbsup:

Regardless of what you choose, I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!