Flights are booked, be ready here I come

Okay my girlfriends and I have booked our flights and we will be in New York on the 16th Feb until the 22nd Feb (yep I will be celebrating my birthday in New York :D ) and from the 22nd Feb until the 25th we will be in San Francisco :lol:

Can't wait but I need your help, we are foodies so if you can let us know what some great Restaurants are in NY and SF we would appreciate it as we want to go to some great places

So looking to catching up with my old friends in New York and new members , the boys in New York throw a great party but this time I am looking forward to seeing SF and meeting my West Coast boys (sorry LA guys I am flying straight from SF to Australia so I won't be able to catch up and play :( )

I know it is going to be cold but those who know me well , know I love cold weather so I am going to embrace it

I will be counting down the days to the point I will drive everyone here crazy :love:

Later

Lisa

Hope you have a wonderful trip, Lisa!

You know, Canada's West Coast is even lovelier that time of year :D

In San Francisco, from what I've seen in my few visits, you want to visit the Stinking Rose if you enjoy Garlic (but you have really like the stuff!) and you can't really go wrong with the food at the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Watch out for the obvious tourist trap restaurants - if it seems like a theme restaurant, it is, stay away for fear of high high prices!

Get some delicious Sourdough Bread at the Bakery at Fisherman's Wharf though - that stuff is to die for!

Oooh... holiday time. How much are the flights from Oz to NYC? You've booked way in advance... i suppose you get lots of discounts for the early booking?

The flights are ridiculously cheap hence why we are coming over.... 40% cheaper than the last time I flew over :D

Okay my girlfriends and I have booked our flights and we will be in New York on the 16th Feb until the 22nd Feb (yep I will be celebrating my birthday in New York :P ) and from the 22nd Feb until the 25th we will be in San Francisco :mellow:

Can't wait but I need your help, we are foodies so if you can let us know what some great Restaurants are in NY and SF we would appreciate it as we want to go to some great places

So looking to catching up with my old friends in New York and new members , the boys in New York throw a great party but this time I am looking forward to seeing SF and meeting my West Coast boys (sorry LA guys I am flying straight from SF to Australia so I won't be able to catch up and play :mellow: )

I know it is going to be cold but those who know me well , know I love cold weather so I am going to embrace it

I will be counting down the days to the point I will drive everyone here crazy :blush:

Later

Lisa

Lisa,

One suggestion and two words.

Suggestion: French Laundry

Two Words: Expense Account :o

Lisa,

One suggestion and two words.

Suggestion: French Laundry

Two Words: Expense Account :P

You can say that again!

Sorry I won't get to meet you, but I hope you and your friends have a great time. Oh, and go to Napa while in the SF area. I don't think they make Vodka there, tho :blush:

I am so kicking myself as when I was there the last time in NY we stayed accross the road from Babbo and realized the last day.... :P

Might have to look at that... thanks about French Laundry tip... totally forgot about it

Make reservations before you leave, if you can.

There doesn't seem to be a recession going on in the fine dining scene. I couldn't get reservations at Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas for weeks.

Enjoy and safe trip.

I've only been to NY once but Carnagie Deli is a must, sandwiches bigger than ur head and they're must have is the corned beef. Thats my only real suggestion but otherwise if it's an ethnicity than they have a restaurant for it oh getting a slice of pizza from anywhere in the bronx is also good, true Italian pizza. Hope you have a great time.

Okay my girlfriends and I have booked our flights and we will be in New York on the 16th Feb until the 22nd Feb (yep I will be celebrating my birthday in New York :D ) and from the 22nd Feb until the 25th we will be in San Francisco :D

So looking to catching up with my old friends in New York and new members , the boys in New York throw a great party but this time I am looking forward to seeing SF and meeting my West Coast boys (sorry LA guys I am flying straight from SF to Australia so I won't be able to catch up and play :( )

I will be counting down the days to the point I will drive everyone here crazy :party:

Later

Lisa

Can't wait to see how well Smithy and Rob are going to survive :)

Lise...looking forward to your visit. Here are a few restaurant recommendations...

BBQ - Blue Smoke, Brother Jimmy's

Steak - Peter Luger (located in Brooklyn, but easy enough to get too - gruff service, poor ambiance, best steak anywhere), Benjamin, Churrascaria Plataforma (Brazilian Steakhouse - Only go if you are really hungry...the meat literally does not stop coming to the table unless you flip the pillar on the table to red).

Deli - Carnagie Deli (best tasting), Katz's Delicatessen (most popular - Ever see When Harry Met Sally?)

American - Gramercy Tavern, Blue Hill, Eleven Madison Park (a favorite of my wife)

Italian - Babbo (another favorite of my wife), Scalinatella, Del Posto...also check out Eataly it's a market with restaurants...great place.

Sushi - Nobu, Koi (and another favorite of my wife), Bond Street

French - Daniel, Brasserie Les Halles, Artisanal (Fondue - a must if you love cheese), The Modern (@ the MoMA)

Dessert/Bakery - Magnolia Bakery (try the banana pudding), Venieros (Italian desserts)

Seafood - Le Bernardin, Blue Water Grill, City Lobster, Oyster Bar (@ Grand Central Terminal - very casual)

Chinese - Mr. K's, Grand Sichuan (Authentic & Spicy - Multiple locations), Joe's Shanghai (Soup Dumplings), Big Wong's (Authentic Cantonese - it's a dump, but the food is good), Tao (Great Ambiance)

Dim Sum - Golden Unicorn (authentic), Shun Lee West (Americanized)

Burger - Shake Shack (Best burger in NYC - Madison Square Park is best location, but long lines), Corner Bistro

Pizza - Lombardi's, Grimaldi's, John's of Bleecker Street

Jazz Clubs - Blue Note, The Knitting Factory, Smoke

These are just some of my personal favorites, there are many restaurants more highly rated, but I don't think you can go wrong with these. God knows there is no shortage of good restaurants in NYC.

Oh...there are plenty of bars, clubs, lounges etc. If you give me an idea of what you and your girlfriends are interested in, I'd be happy to recommend a few.

Look forward to seeing you in the Big Apple...

I actually prefer Gary Danko in SF over the French Laundry. Both are almost impossible to get reservations to. I think Gary Danko starts taking reservations exactly 3 months prior, so you'd better get on the phone now. You can walk in that day and try to get a seat at the bar, we do that sometimes.

Tyler Florence's new Wayfare Tavern just opened recently, and has gotten rave reviews. I'll be dining there this Saturday.

We'll have to get creative for a place to smoke afterwards. The only places that still allow smoking are 850 Montgomery and the Occidental - and there's no guarantee that you'll still be able to smoke there come next February/March. Medallion in Burlingame (20 min south of SF) has a nice outdoor smoking patio with heaters, so that's an option too.

• 1 month later...

Planning everything now :cigar: In New York from the 16th until the 22nd Feb and we are staying at the W New York and in San Fran we are staying at the Westin on Union Square.. we are in SF from the 22nd until the 25th

So looking forward to catching up with everyone