Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios LRE FEB 09

asmith

Real nice video guys. I've not had the Genios, I'm on my second box of Magicos. As the saying goes, if it isn't broke don't fix it. I love the Magicos and I'm sure they share a lot with the Genios. I agree with Ken's statement, if there wasn't a Cohbia band on the cigar you'd never guess. It's the tea / grassiness that's not present in these cigars. Replaced with a sweetness intermixed with wood, leather, and chocolate. The value is decent, 25 "very good" cigars. Pay the same for 15 behike? For a special occasion cigar Id take the Maduro box first.

Great review Rob and Ken. Now the Genios is on my radar.

BTW, neither of you are Scotch drinkers with your cigars? Would love to see you both do a review with Scotch and review some scotch. Particularly single malt.

Just what we need ^_^

Will do soon.

thanks fellas

tried a single a couple of days after my son was born in november, on rob's advice actually, just didn't have the cash for a box. Still don't!

very nice as i recall, no huge evolution in flavours but just sweet smooth with a rich meaty body. went well with a sherry someone bought me to "wet the baby's head". Very much a dessert in itself. And good for when you want to concentrate on something else.

In terms of champers, whaddya reckon goes best with cigar - sweeter ones a la veuve clicquot style or...?

• 3 years later...