Who owns a Chainsaw?

I happened to notice when at Ken's before I went away that he owns a chainsaw

.....an electric chainsaw...obviously with power cord.

any other nanna's out their own an electric chainsaw? :D

I'd hate to be the first to come to Ken's defense, but what's wrong with an electric chainsaw? They're cheaper in cost and maintenance, quieter to run, no fumes, and they even made a horror movie about it, "The Electric Chainsaw Massacre" (tagline - He'll kill you... if he could reach you).

On the other hand, they have little cutting power, you can't take it beyond the length of your extension cord, the fact that it has a cord that you might cut into, and owning one automatically rescinds your Man Card, may be reasons not to own one... ;)

I've got all sorts of power tools, but no chainsaw.

On a side note, my neighbor owns an electric lawn mower. It's quite amusing to sit outside, smoke a cigar, and watch this clown try to mow the lawn with his lawn mower attached to an extension cord that barely reaches the corners of his property. Only John Deere mowers/tractors allowed in this house.

I own a chainsaw, and it isn't electric. I have a Stihl 311, and it's a beast!

An electric chainsaw? I didn't know they made such a thing. I don't think any self respecting man would even think about using one, let alone owning one. What is it used for, trimming leaves off of trees? LOL

Yes I have one. It's petrol but I often wish it was electric because by the time I get the bloody thing started I'm too buggered to do the job.

I also have one that fits on the end of my line trimmer for trimming small branches up high.

I find that chainsaws and beer go together quite well.

That and scratching yourself in public.

Had a small cheap gas one for years, didn't maintain it well, and it died. Last year I rented an electric for a fallen tree at my mom's house. Worked well for a small job. At my age I'm not doing any big jobs, so I take the convenience over power. (Was that too wussy? :D )

I love the smell of burning castor in the morning.... it smells like victoy!!! I have a thing for two stroke gas power equipment. I have 3 chainsaws including a pole trimmer, two leaf blowers (gas), and a nice noisy line trimmer. I prefer Stihl equipment.

I raced 2 stroke motorcycles from my teens into my late 20's. I gotta' thing for 'em I guess. Electric garden equipment, someones interpretation of a good idea... like the 1.6 gallon toilet!!!

My Mom used to have an electric chain saw! I could never find a place to plug it in...

I'm with Piggy. I like the Sthil saws. I had a Farm Boss for years, until I loaned it to a friend...

I bought a new one last year, but it doesn't have the I don't know what of my last saw. It sits in my shed. I don't even mow my own lawn anymore!

It cuts into my cigar smoking!!

Doc

I happened to notice when at Ken's before I went away that he owns a chainsaw

.....an electric chainsaw...obviously with power cord.

any other nanna's out their own an electric chainsaw? :perfect10:

training wheels on your kayak and you question me?

it was given to me (when i was asked if i wanted a small chain saw for the small jobs around the house, which i did, it never occurred to me to say 'well only if it is not electric').

it will do all i need and more.

and next time you are around, let's see how it works on jeep tyres.

Electric chainsaws is for the ladies! :clap:

The best therapy for me is when I fire up my Stihl MS250 and shows mother nature who´s the boss!!

post-2756-1285626777.jpg

IMHO: Stihl is da ****! :clap:

Way to go mate!!! And everyone knows that unless you use a manly saw you don't get to wear all that macho safety ****! -LOL

post-79-1285636203.jpg

Wifey gave me a stihl ms250 for my birthday a couple of years ago. My weekends haven't been the same, since. She is like the grim reaper of trees and brush in our yard. I'm out there doing her bidding, because she threatens to go into the garage, get the chainsaw, and do it herself. I think this Christmas I'll give her a vaccuum cleaner.

I own an Echo CS-400 18" and it handles all my trimmimg and occasional removal needs. I've got 35 trees on my property.

If I get into a chain saw fight at the local pub it may stall but no one can unplug me. LOL

Next thing you know some company will be selling an electric tractor.

Texas Chainsaw just wouldn't be the same movie if the bad guy was restricted by the need to stay near a power outlet.

No matter how left they are down there in Hollywood they still burn their fossil fuels and bring in their armorers with all the imported automatic weapons! I mean if American is too violent they ought to start by cleaning up the movies!!! I mean imagine "Thunderdome" or "Army of Darkenss" with a sissy saw!!! -LOL