What were they thinking?

Some old ads are just brutal.

My wife and I have recently been watching the tv series "Mad Men". It's about advertising executives in the 50's and 60's. Amazing stuff, and with a dry-wit, funny as hell outlook on some of the various ad campaigns that were thought up back then. A very worthwhile show to watch, if you see the dark (maybe twisted) humour in some of those ads.

Some classics indeed! <_<

Re: Mad Men. Looked thru a couple of episodes a few months ago. It was well made and everything but it was just so darn boring. Couldnt see the hype and didnt finish the first season.

As a Advertising student, I'm LOVING these <_< They are absolutely amazing! We recently studied some of the old Volkswagen commercials ("Lemon" and all those) but strange enough this one didn't seem to make the lesson :P Gonna save some of these, they might come in handy for a report some day! Thanks for sharing these.

And I've been a day one Mad Men fan! These ads reminded me of MM directly, Oh how cruel the world once was.

<_<

As a Advertising student, I'm LOVING these :P They are absolutely amazing! We recently studied some of the old Volkswagen commercials ("Lemon" and all those) but strange enough this one didn't seem to make the lesson :D Gonna save some of these, they might come in handy for a report some day! Thanks for sharing these.

And I've been a day one Mad Men fan! These ads reminded me of MM directly, Oh how cruel the world once was.

mate has a t-shirt made from an old ad. picture of a family tossing a beach ball around with the caption - "they're happy because they eat lard".

<_<

mate has a t-shirt made from an old ad. picture of a family tossing a beach ball around with the caption - "they're happy because they eat lard".

A proper Northern English mans shirt.

Anyway,what's wrong with eating lard?

Great ads.

Re: Mad Men. Looked thru a couple of episodes a few months ago. It was well made and everything but it was just so darn boring. Couldnt see the hype and didnt finish the first season.

I actually agree. My wife and I got the whole first 2 seasons from somewhere, and so we were able to watch the episodes in pretty quick succession. Yes, I found it very slow and methodical at first, and season 1 definitely seemed to drag on. But, season 2 and 3 definitely made things worthwhile - the wit, humour, and pacing is much better.

The first season is definitely an investment in watching, though.

As a Advertising student, I'm LOVING these :D They are absolutely amazing! We recently studied some of the old Volkswagen commercials ("Lemon" and all those) but strange enough this one didn't seem to make the lesson :D Gonna save some of these, they might come in handy for a report some day! Thanks for sharing these.

Your welcome, they are pretty funny.