Do you have a bogey cigar?

:lol: By the way - thanks to you guys who have come out & said the Opus X's did nothing for you! I was always too timid to come out & confess that...I purchased them numerous times. And each time - :cigar: Just no real flavor, just over price. Also I LIKE Guantanameros. I have a bunch of Cristales in my Cohiba humidor and will choose one of them over an Opus X, Padron 64 or even a Camacho anytime! B)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised at all the comments about RASS. I love them, though I do admit they have been spotty in consistency. Puffing on an 08 now and loving it.

But for me anything H. Upmann would be my vote. I keep trying them and keep getting disappointed. Magnum 46, Sir Winston, #2' they all just taste like toasted tobacco to me.

I also state here for the record I have never had an Opus that has excited me. Fuente in general, I just don't get.

But I love me some Ramon Allones. Something about the charred, fruity profile just works for me.

;) By the way - thanks to you guys who have come out & said the Opus X's did nothing for you! I was always too timid to come out & confess that...I purchased them numerous times. And each time - ;) Just no real flavor, just over price. Also I LIKE Guantanameros. I have a bunch of Cristales in my Cohiba humidor and will choose one of them over an Opus X, Padron 64 or even a Camacho anytime! :hole:

No problem cigcars, Since the day Opus X came out and for years after I would keep on trying them, and nothing for me in flavor. Ill go out on a limb and add Tatuaje to that list. I've smoked a lot of them and I never got that WoW factor from any of them. But that wont stop me for trying the new LE Halloween "The Face" when that comes out! I'll probably get killed by all my fellow state siders for that Tatuaje comment! I'll take a DE Liga Privada No.9 or T-52 or any Viaje LE over a Tatuaje anytime!

No problem cigcars, Since the day Opus X came out and for years after I would keep on trying them, and nothing for me in flavor. Ill go out on a limb and add Tatuaje to that list. I've smoked a lot of them and I never got that WoW factor from any of them. But that wont stop me for trying the new LE Halloween "The Face" when that comes out! I'll probably get killed by all my fellow state siders for that Tatuaje comment! I'll take a DE Liga Privada No.9 or T-52 or any Viaje LE over a Tatuaje anytime!

;)

;) By the way - thanks to you guys who have come out & said the Opus X's did nothing for you! I was always too timid to come out & confess that...I purchased them numerous times. And each time - ;) Just no real flavor, just over price. Also I LIKE Guantanameros. I have a bunch of Cristales in my Cohiba humidor and will choose one of them over an Opus X, Padron 64 or even a Camacho anytime! :hole:

Not a fan of Guantanameras at all. They give Havanas a bad name. Despite that, I, too, will choose them over the three NC brands you mentioned.

Totally agree. I've smoked 4 so far, all duds.

Let me sell you three more boxes and see if you come across any good ones. :(

I pull out a Genio when time for a cigar could be cut short and if I have to discard it early I fee lI have only lost money not a good smoke. :blink:

For me (as with a few others) it's the RASS. After so many great reviews, I decided to give them a try. Out of the five I've tried only one was half-way decent. A couple of them were so bitter I couldn't finish them. Probably has more to do with my taste buds than the cigar, but these are definitely off my list.

All robustos.

50 rg can work in a longer cigar (e.g. D1 LE), and even Hermosos No 4 can be good,

though they skate close to the edge, but the robusto is entirely out of proportion for me.

Too much volado is needed to keep it burning evenly, which dilutes the taste.

Also, because they are so popular, they are more subject to the typical problems of high production,

especially poor construction. Worst of all, they just don't feel right to me, in the mouth or in the hand.