NEW GUY

DocG

This is one of the first social networking/site I have joined, and am not sure how well I will do getting around, but have already had great help from the shout box!

I have been smoking cigarssince the late 80's and got sucked into hte first cigar boom in hte 90's. I feel in live with cubans while searving over seas. I am a huge coffee drinker and also feel in love with turkish coffee through some friends in turkey. Coffee and cigars give those little cups a run for there money for two great taste that taste great together!

I also love burbone, but could never learn to like scotch. Sorry...

I would tell more, but i need to meet some friends in the cigar shop done on hte river, so great smoking everyone, and Thank you for the great site.

Doc

Welcome the the forum Doc where I am sure you can learn from the many members who are a part of this amazing community BUT also, we in turn can learn from yourself seeing you have been smoking cigars for quite sometime now.

Thanks for the introduction and see you on the threads! :peace:

Thanks to everyone how welcomed me abourd!

I have only been amember for one day and have already picked up some tips, like cutting cigars on an angle. I may have been smoking along time, but its just because I started too young! Too many of the early years during the first boom where spent smoking the most exspensive cigars in the room, because I thought that that was the only way to get a good one.

My first trip to buy a hand made cigar was around 1990 or 91. It involved a trip to a popular shop in the mall. When the guy working there asked me what I liked i told him I didn't know, I had been smoking white owls and philips blunts. I then said that I still enjoyed a Swisher now and again.

the man looked at me and said that he was sure he couldn't help me and walked out of the humidor. I picked out a couple of torpedoes because they looked like the cigars that spidermans boss smoked in the comics. When I walked out the man was saying to the woman behind the counter, "And then he said, I even like a swisher sweet."

I walked up to him and layed my $30 of cigars, a lot of money for a 21 year old in 1991, and told him he was an awful big snob for a guy that worked at the mall, and walked out!

I eventually found a good humidor and a real tobacanist that didn't judge me because I was new to a fine thing. I still like to look like spidermans boss, and love to help new smokers avoid the pit falls of my youth. Many of a young Marines torched their first cigar out of my humidor that I have dragged to Iraq three times.

I am sure that you all have many things you can teach this old dog (40 isn't old is it?), and I look forward to reading all of your advice!

DOC

Welcome DOC

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do welcome :clap:

Cheers OZ :P

Welcome, thank you for being a Marine. I am thinking about joining the military after my masters degree in mental health counseling and become a therapist for soliders.

Thank you for saying I am A Marine. Many Marinesw think of me that way too, anad it is the highest complament a Navy Doc can have. The Navy provides all of the medical services for the Marine Corps, as they are a department of the Navy. I am in a Marine untit, where a Marine uniform, but have a Navy tape on my breast, but it is the Eagle Globe and Anchor on my pocket that makes me so proud!

I joined late too, and have never looked back! The military is a great place to get experiance and we really need LOTS of mental health help!!!!!!

Semper Fi Doc im a discharged ( SINCE THERE IS NO FORMER OR EX) Marine my self but deff. not an old salty dog like yourself hope good to know Marines that like a good smoke

Semper Fi Doc im a discharged ( SINCE THERE IS NO FORMER OR EX) Marine my self but deff. not an old salty dog like yourself hope good to know Marines that like a good smoke

Well not salty, I have been Green side the whole time, but DUSTY for sure! Iraq three times and a training mission to The Republic of Georgia a year after Russia invaded.

I smoked a lot of great cigars on that trip, but had to give most of them away when I came home. I was too scared to try to bring them through customs!Things are different under the new pres, and it sounds like things are changing in Habana too. Might be a good topic for a new thread...

I believe "former Marine" is the current prefered term. "Once a Marine, always a Marine!"

Semper Fi!