Softcocks...I have known a few

I am still in stitches from this email. Won't mention from who :)

He has a cold..not that you would know it.

"you are a wonderful person ****

i note no sympathy at all from the rest of them.

i'm only up because i'm afraid that if i go to sleep, i'll never wake up.

it is possible i have a small history of hypochondria but it is like paranoia. just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not after you. just because you are a hypochondriac, doesn't mean you are not knocking on heaven's door.

be in touch tomorrow (hopefully)."

Harden the F%$# up , yes you know who I am talking too :)

As I would be told over here, take a teaspoon of cement and *.* insert what Lisa said *.* But I would never say that to you K.

Would miss him though, I recommend a good dose of STROH rum until it knocks you out, then wake up chipper the next day.. Get well soon. It sucks when you got the man flu!

as soon as i saw the heading...

first, it was not to you, you were only copied in. it was to jo, elie's wife, the only one of you lot to show any humanity.

they are now talking possible pneumonia. will you only believe me when they are firing up the furnace?

oh my goodness, Ken.

Billy Moore did not have you in mind when he was marching down the tunnel to the field that infamous night....

Ken, hope you are feeling better soon, just want to point this out..

just thought you wanted some extra information, now you are sick so I have highlighted the most important bits.

cheers

Pneumonia

Respiratory and circulatory failure

Because pneumonia affects the lungs, often people with pneumonia have difficulty breathing, and it may not be possible for them to breathe well enough to stay alive without support. Non-invasive breathing assistance may be helpful, such as with a bi-level positive airway pressure machine. In other cases, placement of an endotracheal tube (breathing tube) may be necessary, and a ventilator may be used to help the person breathe.

Pneumonia can also cause respiratory failure by triggering acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), which results from a combination of infection and inflammatory response. The lungs quickly fill with fluid and become very stiff. This stiffness, combined with severe difficulties extracting oxygen due to the alveolar fluid, create a need for mechanical ventilation.

Sepsis and septic shock are potential complications of pneumonia. Sepsis occurs when microorganisms enter the bloodstream and the immune system responds by secreting cytokines. Sepsis most often occurs with bacterial pneumonia; Streptococcus pneumoniae is the most common cause. Individuals with sepsis or septic shock need hospitalization in an intensive care unit. They often require intravenous fluids and medications to help keep their blood pressure from dropping too low. Sepsis can cause liver, kidney, and heart damage, among other problems, and it often causes death.

Pleural effusion, empyema, and abscess

Occasionally, microorganisms infecting the lung will cause fluid (a pleural effusion) to build up in the space that surrounds the lung (the pleural cavity). If the microorganisms themselves are present in the pleural cavity, the fluid collection is called an empyema. When pleural fluid is present in a person with pneumonia, the fluid can often be collected with a needle (thoracentesis) and examined. Depending on the results of this examination, complete drainage of the fluid may be necessary, often requiring a chest tube. In severe cases of empyema, surgery may be needed. If the fluid is not drained, the infection may persist, because antibiotics do not penetrate well into the pleural cavity.

Rarely, bacteria in the lung will form a pocket of infected fluid called an abscess. Lung abscesses can usually be seen with a chest x-ray or chest CT scan. Abscesses typically occur in aspiration pneumonia and often contain several types of bacteria. Antibiotics are usually adequate to treat a lung abscess, but sometimes the abscess must be drained by a surgeon or radiologist.

Also, just for a bit of reading, List of pneumonia victims

Hope that you are soon back on your feet (and back into the bunny slippers)

Ken, it would be damn gentlemanly of you announce your demise well in advance so I can plan ahead to be there. I would hate to see poor Robert take this shock on alone. We can dawn pairs of your plaid pants and give you a synchronous salute as we all whizz off your deck in your honor... after drinking copious amounts of your wine and spirits. We will smoke cigars in your honor too, supplied by your first mate Rob. We will circle the deck and dance the missing "tool" formation just for you, mate!

I think Ken, that Rob will really miss you. Or, perhaps it will be that hoard of wine that you are nesting! One can never be sure!!! -LOL

Get better Mate! -Piggy

And I believed you when you said you weren't a drinker..........

... the loss of Ken may induce me to drink! While stoic in nature, the shock may be beyond what my hocks can bear!!! "We" otherwise may be taken in a rhetorical sense!

I say to you...

"ARE WE NOT MEN?" ~PIGGY

I understand you prefer malt liquor mate! -LOL

That's about all I'd expect at Ken's. Of course, were he truly on his death bed, being prepped for the pyre, I'd most likely find his stash

of rare aged rum and drink it in front of him.

Just to add, I'm rather appalled that one of KG's private emails would be openly published here on the forum. But I guess the formula I

subscribe to is that it all comes out in the wash....

I've booked a hospital room for you here in Montreal, Ken, just in case...

If you can just make it here, I have a box of Cuabas ready to cure you with...

Seriously, though, I suggest lots of Manuka honey, the real NZ stuff, not your local knockoff.

Mix a teaspoon or two in some old rum, then sip slowly.

Repeat every couple of hours or so.

It will kill both bacteria and viruses.

Two days max, and the worst is over.

Get well soon, mate!

Ken, get well soon, we need you back in the videos. The other gents dress to well and we need someone to balance out the fashionable collared shirts with a t-shirt and pajama pants.

many thanks to you all, i think.

i have struggled through the night, somehow, against the odds. still touch and go.

so ray, you and rob will have to hold off on the wine and cigars, and colt, you'd be too busy changing your little photo thingee everyday to have a go at my rum, surely.

and yes, nothing is private anymore. shame, ayala, shame.

now if you'll excuse me, i've been up for 20 minutes so it is back to bed. much like a normal day.