I have been Remiss...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a quick note here - I have been terribly remiss in posting on FOH since I returned from my Portugal trip in July. I contracted Salmonella from an Ill-advised Oyster Sandwich, eaten for my first back-in-Canada meal, and was laid up hard for a week. To compound the issue, some of the lasting comments to come from the family drama in Portugal included allegations that I spend far too much time on the web and not enough time with my Fiancee when such opportunities present themselves....which I don't beleive to be the case, but in any event, since my recovery I've made a concerted effort to spend as much free time with her as possible and limit my surfing time to when she's working and I'm home......Which of course is seldom this month because she's cutting back on her summer work hours in preparation for finishing her Teaching degree at Univ. in the fall.

All this to say - I have a large Forum post planned to talk all about the trials and tribulations of my trip to portugal, replete with photos of the trip, as well as copious Cigar pictures from my substantial haul of CC's from the trip...I just can't get the time at home to post them yet. I continue to search for the proper time, so it is coming. I just feel like a big Piece of :D for all the big talk about posting about my trip and the cigars I brought back, and I still havn't been able to get it in (If I could do it from work, I would). Sorry for being all talk and no action, I guess the balance of family life and online reflection and friends is something everyone must find for themselves, and now I'm actually doing it rather than just doing whatever I want.

forgive me gents (and ladies!) - Once I figure this all out, I'll be around more with my same usual inane comments, dumbass arguments and predictable reviews!

Hi, Chris -

Neither I, nor, I am sure, anyone else, ever feel shortchanged

by your numerous and thoughtful contributions to this forum.

Please do not feel that you need to excuse illness, or time with your loved ones.

Some of us have been known to vanish for months at a time,

as life's many complexities take precedence.

As we say in these parts, c'est la vie.

Still, we all know that nothing is more important than Cuban cigars,

except, perhaps our brotherhood here at FOH... :D

Salmonella?! Holy crap. Sorry to hear about that. On top of that, to get a neglect rap from the fiancee and family. Knock a brother when he's down, why don't you.

Hope all is well now. Looking forward to your coming posts as your time and health permits.

Hmmm... tough situations.

Without wanting to intervene in your domestic life - I do hope you get better soon.

Also, at least the argument wasnt about spending to much money and time on cigars!! I get that every week from my misssus :D

Welcome to the beginning of married life. I miss doing whatever I want :D

These days, if I can get some work done on my laptop, in the garage, with a cigar, it's a good day. I'm doing that right now actually ... but first I took my two kids (2yrs and 9 months) to Home Depot (they love the car shopping cart), and then to the pet store so my wife could have some downtime. Oh - I almost forgot, what a good while before having kids! We've been married 3 and a half years :D

On the note of "internet addicitons", (Im not saying you have this Schmerr).... I used to spend waaay to much time online... certainly to the detriment of relationships. I used to browse forums and play online poker about 5 hours a day (on top of full time work). After I broke free of it, I realised that I was in fact a slave to the web. Got back to playing regular golf, working out... life in general. Spending less time online was beneficial to me.

Welcome back Chance! :peace:

This is indeed very strange, it was only yesterday I seen a post previosuly posted by you some time back and I wondered where you had vanished.

Having said that, it is unfortunate you were unwell but glad to see you're on the mend.

As for your personal life with your gal, I myself am married and I can relate. :yes:

So....I purchased an iPad which is portable enough for me to chill out with the wife, listen to her talk as well as browse the forum. Elevating this, I purchased her an iPad and now she doesn't bother me as much as shes far too busy on face book!! :P;)

In all seriousness, I too have balanced out family/friends/personal space time and I find it works out just fine.

Glad to know you're well and don't stress too much on what members here may or may not think, as you can see, we're glad to hear from you. ;)

Be well.

Welcome back Chance!

Sorry to hear about your misadventures whist overseas.

Don't worry about your posts mate ,we will wait with bated breath,I myself do not always get the time i would like sometimes to do my posting,surfing paying bills :o

You do not expect to get food poisoning when you get back home ,its usually when you are away. :coverears:

Post when you get the time,thats what i do,being married its not always easy.

Get well soon

Cheers OZ :D

*Since you're sick & out of it right now, and I'm pretty sure you don't have the strength to imbibe right now - I've been reading about the health benefits of raw onions. Before you silently cuss me out & wonder "what kind of a watch-you-ma-call-it is this", I'm tellin' you - get the Vidalia or sweet onions and some crumbled feta cheese to eat with it...I'm guessing you'll get much better real quick - and then be able to re-join us in the cigar enjoyment times again! :D

Chance...welcome back to the forum. You've been missed. Take the time to relax and recuperate. There is no need to feel guilt or remorse over not posting. While cigars are important to us all, life has to come first...I know...sad, but true. Keep the fiance happy and things will be easier over all. My wife always tells me..."Happy wife, happy life..." I can't tell you how true that is. Hahahaha...

EDIT: Oh...I forgot...happy belated birthday as well! Hope you were feeling up to enjoy a nice Habano.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and Birthday Wishes!

I will say that I'm about 99% recovered - had a bit of a relapse last week after attempting celebrate my boss's leaving with a few beers -that didn't go so well.....but I am feeling great now, and just looking to find the time to post!

I am definitely well enough to enjoy a cigar and fine drink - This afternoon I'm taking off from work at lunch, going home to smoke a cigar and Colheita Port, both from 1984, my birth year. It will just be me at home, so I am really looking forward to some quiet Birthday introspection - and a review with pictures will follow, I swear!

I was really touched by some of your comments, thanks guys!

I'm definitely not planning on busting up my engagement to go single again, despite all the extra cash i'd have for cigars then....(sorry Prez - although "Flick the Fiancee" made me laugh!) The family comments and all that crap are what they are. Who ever has good relationships with their in-laws? Fact is, they live 3 time zones away, and are looking to move to Portugal, where they would be 8 time zones away. Sounds fine to me.

The "wasting too much money on cigars" argument did come up as well....but it was lost in the bigger bombshells. Probably better that way haha! The internet addiction....yes I've thought about it as well. My navy job currently focuses around a computer in a cubicle....so it's hard to get away, I'm hoping when I go back to sea next year, the computer time will dry up and I'll be far less attached to it. I love the IPad idea - we both played with one a bit in Spain in an El Corte Inglis....maybe that's an idea!

and Chenman - Happy wife, happy life - as corny as that sounds, it is true. I find I am happier when she is happy too. Nothing is better than to make my girl laugh or even smile. Not even a cigar can replace those little joys. There is a reason I've stuck out this long....

Thanks All - I will celebrate my birthday accordingly, can't wait for my Port and Cigar this afternoon! B):cigar: