You are HSA Director. You have 5 cigars you can bring back in 2011.

You are HSA Director. You have 5 cigars you can bring back.   

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The HSA director had an epiphany. Yoda Pig used his Jedi mind powers and Juan Manuel De la Dinero has awoken with a burning fire to reinstate 5 discontinued cigars from this list for 2012.

He addresses the board:

""De people are a revolting! I a tired of seeing Disa man...Ken Gargett...yelling !SHAME HABANOS SHAME ! on the youa tuber!. Who isa dis man! Who dresses him!

Then I havea disa Yoda Pig with his lonsdale lightSaber threatening me in my dreams night after night! I ma tired of havinga my minions reading me letters from peasants around the world. No onea told me people outside of Hong Kong, Beirut. London and Madrid smokeda Habanos!

Givea thema 5 cigars from disa lista. You decide. I must nowa go to the new Behilke Magnifico Mucho Dinero Excellente production meeting! "

So people, from the list below, what would be the 5 cigars (5 votes only) that you would reinstate. Granted, Not all deletions are on it but we are limited to 20 choices ;)

Punch RS No. 12's, Diplomaticos No. 4's, and Partagas SDC No. 3's.

But hell, while we're at it, let's bring Elvis back from the dead. That would probably be easier than convincing Habanos SA that they *gasp* could have possibly made some mistakes.

The beauty about cigars is that they can always be brought back. As long as the blend knowledge is there.

Well... I couldn't stop at 5. Clearly my days as an HSA employee are numbered.

Partagas SDC 2

H Upmann Super Corona

Dip 4

Punch SS 2

RA 898

ERDM Gran Corona

ERDM Grandes de Espana

I also want LGC Med. D'Or 1, Quai Panatellas, and regular production Por Larranaga lonsdales.

Basically I want the gutted lines restored to glory. Every marca gets at least one PC, Corona, Lonsdale, and Corona Gorda.

Contentment is for the dull

Rob – I know you have expressed this idea before a few times but it seems like such an inspired concept to bring back discontinued cigars every couple of years that I needed to mention it again. To take it a step further, HSA should run it like a special program bringing back a few discontinued cigars a year and rotating through a list. They could keep the supply moderate to ensure they sell-out.

since everyone has covered almost all the Cigars I picked. only one has been left out, one of my favs Boili Inmensas. love em. hey Rob, would you happen to have a really great box of Inmensas??

Unfortunately the good and great boxes are long gone. I will check again tomorrow.

The beauty about cigars is that they can always be brought back. As long as the blend knowledge is there.

The beauty of that idea is definitely there, and hopefully the blend knowledge is retained. The problem is, if the vitola isn't produced in an extended period of time, say, if it disappears for 5 to 10 years, and then they want to bring it back...can it be done with any success? Not just financial success, but the success of an accurate recreation??

It all ends up in the hands of the orchestrators/conductors of the Habanos orchestra anyways. It's just a shame that some sticks fall prey to their personal biases for or against something, rather than a consumer demand from the faithful.

However, there is always some new EL's that I end up drooling after, so they get me on the other end of the hook with those. I end up having a short goldfish-like memory unfortunately as a Cuban cigar consumer-***** sometimes. :teacher:

I realize this one is not on the list, but for the love of god why discontinue the Upmann Monarchs! Maybe the distant future they will come back as an RE :cigar:

Partagas Corona

Bolivar Inmensa

Diplomatico Number 1

Diplomatico 3

Diplomatico 4

El Rey Del Mundo Gran Corona

Punch Black Prince

Punch Super Seleccion No 2

Punch Royal Seleccion No 11

Punch Royal Seleccion No 12

Partagas Lonsdale

St Luis Rey Lonsdale

Upmann Super Corona

Partagas SDC No 1

Partagas SDC No 2

Partagas SDC No 3

Punch Ninfas

El Rey Del Mundo Grandes De Espana

Ramon Allones 898 Varnished

Ramon Allones Petit Corona

I vote for these... (above!!!)

Thanks for the moral support Rob! I was getting my Yoda-red Fez "fightin'" hat on and then I realized I was not going to have pull out my Grandes de E-lightsabre and do some El Prez de foie gras!!!! It was not a challenge from HS Ayala but an olive branch! -LOL

Damn... I wish it were true! I would have to top the list with the Seleccion Privada #1.

The real shame of this is, and while we all don't agree, many long time Habanophiles like myself would have to agree that in this list are many of the best cigars that we have ever smoked. I don't know that having 50 to 100 cigars of some of these will actually last me a lifetime. It saddens me to think that when I go and pull out the last cigar, it will likely be the last one of that size that I ever smoke again. The Monte Open just is not going to fill that gap for me.

Seleccion Privada

Grades de Espana

Party SdC#2

Diplo #1

Tie: RAPC, Party Coronas, D-3 (hard to say)

Cheers Mate!

Party Lons

Party Corona

RA 898

Those are the cigars I have smoked a lot of and that I miss.

Anything wrong with letting the distributors or big retailers decide what they want to order outside of standard production?

I remember seeing some old pre-revolution catalogs that listed dozens upon dozens of different shapes and sizes for the particular brand. I can't imagine that those were all in regular production at once. It appeared more a matter of what could be made-to-order to meet the customer's needs.

I don't know if the RE program works that way, or if HSA decides what is to be offered through whom (I suspect the later). If the distributors were able to make that call then that might be the answer to reviving some of our lost favorites. The volume for a certain cigar might be enough to justify it for one distributor where it's not for all of them at once... HSA willing, of course.