Top Full Flavored/Body Cigars

Over the years as my taste has develped or changed I find myself leaning towards and favoring a full body flavor profile. Sometimes what I find labeled a full body cigar is just a "in your face" strong one dimentional tabaco flavor that ends up tasting like I'm licking an ashtray. I want something thats complex yet bold, tasteful.

Some of my favorites to date are the Bolivar BF's, Bolivar PC's, Vegas Robaina Familiar and Famosos (not sure if these are considered full body). I understand Paratagas is a full body line, only Partagas I've had are the shorts (very nice) and Lusitanias (a box from 1998) which were on the mild side.

So since I'm not independently wealthy and really can't afford to experiment to to much I was wondering what peoples favorite full body, full flavored cigars were.

*Well, domestically, the Padron 45th Family Anniversary, the Camacho Coyolar (believe me, that one will knock you off your socks, set you down, knock you out, etc!), the Cain and Cain F cigars, and the CAO CX2. THOSE will take you to full bodied la la land. On the Habana side: The Sir Winston H Upmann, the Ramon Allones Specially Selected and Gigantes, and the Quay d'Orsay Imperiales. These are smooth to the taste, WOW to the senses. And yes, you are doing just fine with your Cuban Bolivar selections. 'Hope this helps! :clap:

A couple of recent full/medium+ bodied, but flavorfull habanos:

Dip 2 - don't know if it was a fluke, but it was rocking in body and flavor

Boli CE - stronger of the Bolis with lots of Boli flavor

RyJ Cazadores - full bodied with nice flavors

Partagas 898v - medium plus with nice spice/flavors

RyJ Cazadore...hands down the strongest CC that I have ever had.

Recent smokes that have been full of flavor for me are:

Dip 2

Party 898V

PSD4

HdM Epicure Especial

Some of the above mentioned cgars I wouldn´t call "strong" – but that´s personal liking…

Also, I would add the Bolivar Gold Medal – very nice straight forward flavor and quite a bit beyond "medium" bodied. And don´t forget the Trinidad Ingenios – wow!

Greets, Speedy

Sometimes what I find labeled a full body cigar is just a "in your face" strong one dimentional tabaco flavor that ends up tasting like I'm licking an ashtray.

Yes, personally, I don't necessarily equate full bodied with strong. For me, body is the sense of density / weight / thickness of the smoke on the palate.

For instance, I feel the Upmann Sir Winston is full or nearly full in body, yet it is relatively smooth, is well balanced, and very flavorful. I agree with

most of the cigars already mentioned.

Interesting point Colt.

I equate "body" to the sense of power of the smoke, not the amount of density, as you put it. I describe power as meaning the effect of the amount of ligero.

I equate "flavor" to how pronounce the actual flavors that develop. Sor of like taking an old lemon vs a fresh one. The new lemon is very tart, fresh tasting while the old one is not tart and a little boring.

There are others too, such as construction, etc., but that is for later...

If you're thinking of even a NC cigar you could try a Man O War Ruination. They're pretty good, imo, and they're not overly strong just for the sake of it. The Padron above also is pretty good but expensive.

Already mentioned, but RyJ Cazadores are not only full flavored & strong, but reasonably priced. For more complexity, go Bolivar. CJ, PC, CE & CG all have been excellent since 06. If you can find them 06 Boli Coronas are the earthiest Boli of the bunch.

And if you get the HQ or PSP version, any Montecristo #1 through #5 is going to be a fantastic cigar.

I equate "body" to the sense of power of the smoke, not the amount of density, as you put it. I describe power as meaning the effect of the amount of ligero.

Of course, there is likely to be some overlap with body / strength / power, but again, I tend to look at body as something a bit different than strength. If I may

use a wine analogy, I think of a wine which gives a sense of fullness - body. It has depth, but can still be refined and not hot or tannic in an unbalanced way.

Back to cigars, I think you can have a hot, peppery cigar that hits you in the stomach, (strong), but that doesn't always have much else to offer behind that -

no real depth - body. Again, it's just how I describe it - I'm not advocating "my way".

The wine analogy is interesting and I understand where you are coming from. It's a perspective I have not previously thought of...

• 2 weeks later...

This really is a great topic because most people begin smoking very mild cigars and their taste does expand and want something with a little more, and I think a lot of people, especially cigar smokers in America get flavor and strength confused. I like to say "don't give me a full body cigar, give me a full flavored cigar." The interesting thing is that with the concept of full flavor I have found that most full flavored cigars are not the full bodied ones. Camacho Coyolar is a powerhouse, but it is very one dimensional. The Camacho Diploma is more complex and full flavored but not as strong.

I think that Cuban Bolivar's are true examples of full flavored cigars while almost being full bodied. The Bolivar Royal Corona is probably the mildest, in my opinion, of all Bolivar's and it still has strength behind it. I think the concept of full strength cigars has risen dramatically in America along with large cigars, length and ring gauge, and the manufactured are responding to the demand and it is a shame.

Very similar to this topic is the idea that maduro wrapper cigars are full body while in reality the maduro process makes it sweeter. I have had many maduro's that are milder than what one thinks. People think they are stronger because manufactures have made them stronger by adding more ligero to the blend to meet the needs.

As to Cuban's that have been full body RyJ Cazadores, and Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos. I haven't been the same ever since the RACF