Bacon Explosion

JMacSr

Thought this little gem would catch everyone's attention as we get into BBQ season in the States. Called the Bacon Explosion, it is a work of art.

1. Make a "quilt" of bacon and season with BBQ rub.

post-6452-1273026636.jpg

2. Spread out about a pound of fresh sausage, cheese (optional), crumbled cooked bacon, and your favorite BBQ sauce.

post-6452-1273026655.jpg

3. Roll it up and and wrap in foil, put it into the cooler to allow it to set.

post-6452-1273026561.jpg

4. Cook over indirect fire for about 2 - 2.5 hours

post-6452-1273026587.jpg

Enjoy ;)

post-6452-1273027386.jpg

I love bacon...I'm seriously drooling right now.

OK... in your expert opinion, does the cheese really work with this? or is it just spoiling the over the top use of pig meats?

I've made it with and without, however you prefer. It can also be sliced after cooled and served on hamburger bun with cheese at that time.

Truly a work of art mate and something one can customise to their liking should they not like the cheese option.

I for one will use this recipe.

Seriously bud, thanks for sharing. :o:huh::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guess what someone had for Father's Day this year? It was my first time, and I think it turned out quite well. Taste was fantastic, yet extremely difficult to explain. I chose to slice it into 1/2" pieces and put those on a hamburger bun. Perfect. I loved it, as did the rest of my party. This recipe will go down in history as a classic. :hungry:

Paired with a PSdC#2 and a nap, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

post-5544-1277180706.jpg

post-5544-1277180736.jpg

Guess what someone had for Father's Day this year? It was my first time, and I think it turned out quite well. Taste was fantastic, yet extremely difficult to explain. I chose to slice it into 1/2" pieces and put those on a hamburger bun. Perfect. I loved it, as did the rest of my party. This recipe will go down in history as a classic. :D

Paired with a PSdC#2 and a nap, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Outstanding, and Happy Fathers Day!! :rotfl:

So, here's a useful bit of information... this recipe comes out at about 6200 calories in total and just under 500 grams of fat. That includes about 2 pounds of bacon, 12oz of sausage and 4 slices of cheese. Not too bad for all this porky deliciousness. :rotfl:

So, here's a useful bit of information... this recipe comes out at about 6200 calories in total and just under 500 grams of fat. That includes about 2 pounds of bacon, 12oz of sausage and 4 slices of cheese. Not too bad for all this porky deliciousness. :potty:

Totally worth it! :P