monte especial or especial #2?

Hey guys, never tried the monte especial 1 or 2. Prez chose the especial as the top cc of 2009. For those of you who have smoked both, which do you prefer?? Thanks, Shawn...

I believe the two cigars are rolled from the same materials, so the difference is related to the length. The No. 1 takes you on more of a "journey", with a bit more complexity related to the cigar's development over a longer time.

For me, the choice is related to how much time I have, or want to allocate to a smoke. I go for the No. 2 more often.

Especial No 1 has always been a favourite. For some odd reason i cannot explain I have never fancied Especial No 2. With so many exceptional cigars out there, Especiales No 2 has ended up as the cigar to be ignored, overlooked, rejected when choices had to be made.

Hey guys, never tried the monte especial 1 or 2. Prez chose the especial as the top cc of 2009. For those of you who have smoked both, which do you prefer?? Thanks, Shawn...

hi shawn

if you go back a few months or so, pretty sure we did the 1 in a video. i thought they were so good immediately bought a box. less familiar with the 2's but you can't go wrong with the 1's.

Especial No 1 has always been a favourite. For some odd reason i cannot explain I have never fancied Especial No 2. With so many exceptional cigars out there, Especiales No 2 has ended up as the cigar to be ignored, overlooked, rejected when choices had to be made.

And I've had the exact opposite esperience. Especials from 80s, 90s & 00s have done nothing for me. Especiales #2 from 07 & 08 are fantastic.

Now this is a thread I can get behind. You can't go wrong with either stick, they are both excellent and represent the best of Cuban cigars, IMHO. Chose one based on budget or time frame to smoke. Both should be rewarding. -Piggy

Did I mention I like playing the smart-ass? The above described Especiales No.1 is in fact named „Especial“ only. No plural, no number ;-) (as seen on my box). Both cigars are phantastic smokes you can´t go wrong with – if you like the Monte characteristica. I would say they differ in aroma – not length only. My Especiales No.2 from ´06 are marvellous, the Especial from ´07 are still a bit muted and I´m looking forward to enjoying them in autumn or next year…

Greets, Speedy