Line on 5 Partagas 150's sticks

I need help, I am out of the country and was in an authorized dealer who had purchased 2 of the Partagas 150 Humidors in 1995. He has been selling the singles through the years and now has 5 Londsdales in good condition and one Robusto with a crack in the wrapper near the head. He is asking $100 per stick, what do you think, is this worth it due to the rarity. Also he has a Cohiba Millennium Jar for $300. What is the conscientious, I have to act by tomorrow because we are leaving.

Thanks guys.

I am with Reg and also have no idea.

However, based on the fact that you thought it was worth posting means you are tempted. On that alone I would say get one because you will probably appreciate it and if you don't may regret it. Or just come up with a total package price and make an offer.

The price on the 150s is very good if they've been stored properly and are in good condition. Beyond the fact that they're rare, they're now 15 years old as well! $100/stick is actually below market. That said, I'd be wary about anyone selling a jar of Cohiba Millenium Piramides for $300 unless that's a typo and meant to be $1,300... which is actually still a bit below market...

The price on the 150s is very good if they've been stored properly and are in good condition. Beyond the fact that they're rare, they're now 15 years old as well! $100/stick is actually below market. That said, I'd be wary about anyone selling a jar of Cohiba Millenium Piramides for $300 unless that's a typo and meant to be $1,300... which is actually still a bit below market...

$1300 is still cheap, I saw them in Dubai for $2200 and they are usually one of the cheapest in the world when it comes to aged stock.

I should have clarified, the Millennium Jar is EMPTY...sorry.

For $100 a stick, I would take the risk if the cigars look properly cared for. At least pick up 1 or 2, IMHO.

*The entire thing smells of fakery to me. Unless you can talk him way, WAY down, I'd tell 'em no thank you. Good luck in other sales. You'd be amazed at how great a bargaining chip telling a vender "No" can be in as far as getting the price down, down if it looked like you were seriously considering a purchase. If he sees things your way pricewise, it will be a nice conversation piece for your friends back home.

Tell me what country you are in and I will tell you if I feel comfortable even discussing cigars of that magnitude. If I was skeptical, yet curious, I would drop $100 on the counter and light-up. If it blew my doors off then I would be ready to buy the rest. More than likely walking away having paid way too much for an average cigar.

You can't smoke the jar...and even if you figured out a way to do it, i can't imagine it would tast very good.

Well, Thanks for the advice, I splurged and bought the Partagas 150's and passed on the jar. Thanks for the help, here is the photo.

post-6377-1273015010.jpg

Let us know how they smoke...when you get around to them, of course...

I will! We are going on a cruise for our 20th Anniversary in 10 days, I will smoke one then along with a Grand Reserva, I hope they are not a let down.

I was in Niagara Falls Canada, the shop was Gordon's Cigars and Tobacco, he is an authorized dealer for Havana House so I hope they are legit.

Thanks

Tell me what country you are in and I will tell you if I feel comfortable even discussing cigars of that magnitude. If I was skeptical, yet curious, I would drop $100 on the counter and light-up. If it blew my doors off then I would be ready to buy the rest. More than likely walking away having paid way too much for an average cigar.

I was in Niagara Falls Canada, the shop was Gordon's Cigars and Tobacco, he is an authorized dealer for Havana House so I hope they are legit.

Thanks

Small world. When I was reading this thread I thought to myself "hey, I think Sammy at Gordons has a few of the 150's". Sure enough thats where you went. I wouldn't doubt Sammy at all, been dealing with him for 5 years now and he has always been honest and up front. Happy Smoking!