Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Or they could not build out of rock and concrete????????? The buildings over there would crumble under a loud firecracker. Could God be mad at them for developijng nuclear weapons? I think that would muck up the planet far worse than a few ladies allowing their hair or faces to show.

We had a small quake in another county close by, I think the place is loaded with whores.LOL

Or they could not build out of rock and concrete????????? The buildings over there would crumble under a loud firecracker. Could God be mad at them for developijng nuclear weapons? I think that would muck up the planet far worse than a few ladies allowing their hair or faces to show.

We had a small quake in another county close by, I think the place is loaded with whores.LOL

In Iraq it is believed that building materials are irrelevant; the house only collapses because of God's will...

It's funny no one had attributed this to human rights violations.

In Iraq it is believed that building materials are irrelevant; the house only collapses because of God's will...

It's funny no one had attributed this to human rights violations.

Heck man every little kid knows from the story of the Three Little Pigs that materials are relevant. Or do some think that the filthy unclean animals are to ignorant to know of such matters?LOL

I thought that females were subhuman and without rights in those countries????

Plenty of American pastors used 9/11 to justify 'end-times' Armageddon nonsense. Stupidity and fanaticism exists in all countries.

It's not like you really need to bring that up. AFAIK most Americans (and Westerners in general) hate Christianity above any other religion.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement at all. In fact, I'd venture a guess that you're inching your way out on an extremely narrow limb, have bowling balls in each pocket and a chainsaw humming in one hand.

Data to back my statement up here: http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm

With approximately 75% (76% in 2008 in that link, generally 75% in all the other sources I could quickly google) of Americans identifying themselves as "Christian" I hardly think that "most Americans hate Christianity".

I didn't even bother googling "westerners in general".

-- Gary F.

Guys you can't damn an entire country because of the ramblings of one man. 50 years on, do any of us actually associate the character of your average Russian with the ramblings of Khrushchev at the UN? Likewise do we habanofiles equate the ramblings of certain authoritarian figures in Cuba with the sentiments of the people? Absolutely not! The reason being is that through education and exposure we know better than to place any credence in to such ramblings. More importantly, we realize such vitriolic sentiments do not represent the will of the people.

I often like to quip "Comedy is the tragedy of others." It's easy to laugh at such nuts at a distance because it does not affect us and we could care less. Knowing many folks from that part of the world I would ask that we do not condemn a whole group of people because of the crack-pots who have a totalitarian control over these countries.

Mind you, I fully endorse poking fun of individuals who place themselves out in the public eye. Frankly denying such awful historical events as the holocaust is the green light for declaring open hunting season with any firearm you can find to a person's character.

"Women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes, an Iranian cleric says."

WTF, what a load of rubbish! <_<

I have nothing against other religious beliefs provided they make sense but to blame women on natural disasters is ridiculous. What are they going to do, kill all women to avoid promiscuity? :bsmeter:

Some of these beliefs aren't even passed down from the ages such as the christian bible (Which also has evolved slightly according to apostles) but rather reflect 'an' individual clerics own personal beliefs, hate, fanatiscism against Westerners and in this case women in their own country).

This clerics view is deluded and worse than a barbaric, un-educated ape. F**ck whit.

Sorry if my post is a little heated, but I have nothing positive to say towards these kinds of people and or societies. <_<

It's amazing how people can get to such a level of belief that they can convince themselves, or be convinced, that such ideas are actually God's will. It's incredible when you think about it.

For me one of the good things about living in Asia is that religion is very much a personal affair. It's neither really encouraged nor discouraged, people just keep it to themselves. No preaching, no forcing others to submit to your interpretation of whichever faith - the way it should be to me.

. . . I have nothing against other religious beliefs provided they make sense but to blame women on natural disasters is ridiculous . . . .

Of course it's ridiculous.

The problem comes with that "provided they make sense" part because what is riduculous to us makes perfect sense to someone else.

As I recall, when the big tsunami hit Indonesia a few years back, members of one religious group blamed the other religious group. Ridiculous to us but made sense to them. Or, at least, to some of them.

I thought this thread might get lively. Politicians that are overtly religous and placing moral judgement on others do not have my respect.

For what it's worth, I got a nasty threat notice from my antivirus program when trying to open that link. Maybe those clerics have more power than I thought?

For some reason those clerics words sure spread like a virus. Perhaps one should invent a bull s**t anti cleric filter micro chip which is inserted at birth. That would erradicate all the crap? :wacko:

Heck man every little kid knows from the story of the Three Little Pigs that materials are relevant. Or do some think that the filthy unclean animals are to ignorant to know of such matters?LOL

I thought that females were subhuman and without rights in those countries????

Very far from the truth as per most Arabian countries, rather a heard minority in very remote areas

Very far from the truth as per most Arabian countries, rather a heard minority in very remote areas

Having traveled through Iran I am stunned at the veracity of the cleric. The vast majority of Iranians I know and have met are intelligent, cultured souls seeking a better world for themselves and their children.They would be aghast.

Having traveled through Iran I am stunned at the veracity of the cleric. The vast majority of Iranians I know and have met are intelligent, cultured souls seeking a better world for themselves and their children.They would be aghast.

Agree with you Pres. Iranians have always struck me as interesting, fun, intelligent and very modern people. Sometimes I feel sorry for them for the terrible press that Iran gets in the West. Perhaps their government is sometimes out of line, but this is NOT a reflection of the majority of people there.

I find similar things with Russia. Most Westerners are convinced that Russians are vodka drinking, nuclear-warhead-armed chess masters who hate America. But it's so far from the truth is mind boggling. And it's all because of the press. After all - who's interested in reading about the good deeds that Russians do. That's not going to sell newspapers.

Same goes for Iran. Seeing it from the other side will surprise the average Westerner so much, that it will be a head-exploding experience.

It a shame that these are the only stories we hear coming out of Iran. It's also a shame that people are prone to believe what they read.