how much do you cut on a pyramide?

Generally speaking, I clip conservatively to begin with. After a bit of smoking, I'll clip more if needed - as far as necessary without causing the

wrapper to unravel. Better to leave a cushion rather than clip too much right from the get go.

I actually have a specific cutter I use almost exclusively for Piramides/Belicoscos (if I remember to bring it!). Called the perfect cigar cutter. Here is a link http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/78. The little hole makes it great for the pointed ends and only takes of a little bit at at time. If I have draw/resistance problems I just cut off another "level" and get a bigger opening. Sometimes one cut does the trick, often 2 is needed and occasionally 3. It works really really well with pointed heads, but with non pointed cigars I just do not have as much success and stick to my xikar. For $15 I highly recommend. Anyone else using this cutter?

I do not recall ever having a pyramide or belicoso come unraveled so I guess I have not cut them to deep. I have much more trouble with the parejos. I cut a slight angle from 5-8mm and will cut the sucker in half if it needs it.

Generally speaking, I clip conservatively to begin with. After a bit of smoking, I'll clip more if needed - as far as necessary without causing the

wrapper to unravel. Better to leave a cushion rather than clip too much right from the get go.

Agree 100%. But sometimes after i clip it I take a few draws before lighting and if need be cut a bit more.

• 2 months later...
.25-.50" at an angle

Bart

I've never heard of cutting at an angle before, that's very interesting.

I've never heard of cutting at an angle before, that's very interesting.

Something to do with the smoke hitting the top of your palate.......dont quote me but when I first started last August someone mentioned the angle thing and it stuck

Go figure

Bart

Something to do with the smoke hitting the top of your palate.......dont quote me but when I first started last August someone mentioned the angle thing and it stuck

Go figure

Bart

It's definitely worth a shot, I'll try it when I get my new smokes. Thanks, Bart!

Go figure

Bart

I've read about this as well, how many degrees of an angle do you cut?

Exactly what I do.

Starting conservatively, checking draw and adjust if needed. When it plugs (nicotine, tar etc) I'll clip some more. (this especially goes for Partagas Presidentes...)

In general I clip as much as needed but nothing more than that.

I'll cut 1/8" - 1/4" and usually straight. If draw is a problem I'll start cutting on a slight angle as opposed to cutting deeper into the stick.

I've always believed the purpose of cutting at an angle is to expose a larger opening (area) for the smoke to pass through without having to cut too far into the cigar and having it potentially unravel. Regarding the angle cut enhancing the flavor of the cigar or changing where the smoke is directed when taking a drag, I don't agree with. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Straight cut to about the size of a 42 rg (as Wicky does). Will cut more to a 46rg a la corona gorda if draw is tight. But, don't usually run into tight pyramides.

I like pyramides because of ability to smoke a larger ring gauge cigar with the option to have a smaller rg mouth feel.

Straight cut to about the size of a 42 rg (as Wicky does). Will cut more to a 46rg a la corona gorda if draw is tight. But, don't usually run into tight pyramides.

I like pyramides because of ability to smoke a larger ring gauge cigar with the option to have a smaller rg mouth feel.

Exactly. :peace: