Cohiba Siglo IV EPR OCT 08

El Presidente

I was smashed after it.

Not a great reception when I got home. I could still be on the couch tonight.

That's why you should always come home late - when you know she's asleep. That way you can sneak into the bed and get a decent sleep.

Great "work" guys. I think I disagree some with KG about the balance aspect though - both with cigars and wine. Often enough, I find a good cigar will

balance out with time. Just for example, a cigar which might be very peppery and generally disjointed when young, can often integrate and balance

out over time - as long as it has all the elements to begin with.

Same with wine. I think of very oaky young wines that over time will balance out, allowing all the flavors to show. Of course, it doesn't always work

out that way.

Great "work" guys. I think I disagree some with KG about the balance aspect though - both with cigars and wine. Often enough, I find a good cigar will

balance out with time. Just for example, a cigar which might be very peppery and generally disjointed when young, can often integrate and balance

out over time - as long as it has all the elements to begin with.

Same with wine. I think of very oaky young wines that over time will balance out, allowing all the flavors to show. Of course, it doesn't always work

out that way.

I understand where Ken was coming from and generally in terms of cigars he is right. However I have been caught out several times over the years where a cigar I thought had nothing when young turns into something special with 8-10 years. It is a rare occurrence however in my experience.

There are cigars which I am confident will age well and those are the cigars which have an essence of core ingredients albeit those ingredients may be all over the place initially.

There are cigars which I am confident will age well and those are the cigars which have an essence of core ingredients albeit those ingredients may be all over the place initially.

Meaning the core ingredients are out of balance? :rolleyes: (Balance was my only point of slight disagreement). I agree that in the main, a crappy

cigar showing absolutely nothing in it's youth does not magically turn into a gem down the road.

Nice review gents and Ken you hit it on the money with a cigar that has the legs for aging it has to be good young (meaning trade mark flavors of a certain brand) if not its a crap shoot. been saying it for years...

Nice review gents and Ken you hit it on the money with a cigar that has the legs for aging it has to be good young (meaning trade mark flavors of a certain brand) if not its a crap shoot. been saying it for years...

as always jimmy, we are in complete agreement.

i actually think it is even more true for wine. i know what colt is saying but i think that is more a situation where all the components are there in the first place. a wine with high levels of oak when young may all meld if the other components such as enough fruit are in place. but if it is overoaked when young and out of balance, i think it extremely rare for things to fall back in place down the track.

.......i think it extremely rare for things to fall back in place down the track.

Yes Ken, in my initial post when I said "as long as it has all the elements to begin with", I meant with wine as well as cigars. Please pardon my lack

of clarity - I thought I had typed slowly enough for you and bacchus to understand.

Yes Ken, in my initial post when I said "as long as it has all the elements to begin with", I meant with wine as well as cigars. Please pardon my lack

of clarity - I thought I had typed slowly enough for you and bacchus to understand.

yes, understand but given you also said "a cigar which might be very peppery and generally disjointed when young, can often integrate and balance out over time" which rather condtradicts the last bit leaving us none the wiser, unless you really did want a foot in each of the diametrically opposed camps. but i'll say again, a wine that is disjointed when young really has bugger all chance of becoming balanced down the track.

should i use a bigger font? clearly no miracles this easter.