Hoyo De Monterrey le Hoyo des Dieux ORE JUN 03

El Presidente

Tragedy occurred yesterday as Smithy fell off his chair laughing at the fact there was no audio on Ken and I's first video review on Tuesday. Apparently our microphone battery ran out after the first section. i remember changing batteries before the second review of the Des Dieux which is from kens selection and his idea to complete as a celebration to Chuck. I am glad he pushed the point because it was indeed one of the great cigars. Des Dieux need construction and 5 years +. Give them both and they are an experience.

Great Review...Pres was shitbagged!!! NICE!!!!!

As for one of my favs the des Dieux..I got a box from Czar back in 6-22-09 box code PTS Oct 06...these are PSP(before there was PSP)...I have 13 left and there awesome right now but im going to try to hold off and see what another year brings.....

Unbelievable cigar by the sounds of it, never had one of these with anymore than 2 years on it unfortunately.

Just curious as to what could have made it 1 or 2 points better to make it the perfect cigar Prez? Did you get any 'younger' notes coming through at the end as Ken did?

Unbelievable cigar by the sounds of it, never had one of these with anymore than 2 years on it unfortunately.

Just curious as to what could have made it 1 or 2 points better to make it the perfect cigar Prez? Did you get any 'younger' notes coming through at the end as Ken did?

Is there a perfect woman? Perfect wine? I don't know how it could be better but I like to leave a few points up my sleeve.

It had no signs of youth. None that I could recall anyway :shead:

The first box of cigars I ever ordered were Des Dieux's. I have really enjoyed them so far, although based on this, I think I'll have to order another box and hide them for a while. May have to make an order for the Cigar Locker.

Bought 2 50 cabs of 03 Deiux from Prez last year.. and they are unfreaking real.. They are easily my favorite cigar..

Just checked, both of my cabs are ORE Jun 03..

Thanks Prez fantastic product!

Ok I watched it and it's great exactly w think of my HDM des dieux, but there is a new feature in Youtube, the cc with a voice recognition. I dont think it worked really well for Ken find some attached images of what it ended up translating, or maybe it was very smart and it recgnised Ken's voice? I will let you be the judge:

post-5143-1269496782.jpg

post-5143-1269496799.jpg

post-5143-1269496810.jpg

post-5143-1269496819.jpg

post-5143-1269496829.jpg

post-5143-1269496840.jpg

post-5143-1269496850.jpg

Tragedy occurred yesterday as Smithy fell off his chair laughing at the fact there was no audio on Ken and I's first video review on Tuesday. Apparently our microphone battery ran out after the first section. i remember changing batteries before the second review of the Des Dieux which is from kens selection and his idea to complete as a celebration to Chuck. I am glad he pushed the point because it was indeed one of the great cigars.

???? you changed the batteries before the first review? how many times did i ask if it was working?

so that fabulous review of the sig vi's is gone? and all the other stuff/debate/words of wisdom re the quality v colour is missing too?

you are hopeless. back to the jam jars for you.

I have a '98 box of these as well, though they'd probably be considered too tight by most standards i think they are spot on.

Weird thing about them though - they were smoking great last year but I've had a couple recently and they just aren't all there.

I think they might need to sit for a bit, they're going through a flavor dip perhaps ;)

Weird thing about them though - they were smoking great last year but I've had a couple recently and they just aren't all there.

I think they might need to sit for a bit, they're going through a flavor dip perhaps

It's also possible that they are passing their peak. Not every cigar, or every vintage of a cigar will retain peak flavor forever.

Sometimes an old cigar is simply an old cigar.

Ahhh....the Des Dieux. I have fond memories of this cigar. It was the first Cuban cigar I ever smoked, and it was the cigar that started me on the path to bankruptcy. Gotta love it.

I've seen a cab RSE NOV01 - how is this vintage?

Nothing wrong with the vintage. it is just the construction can be way off. In 2001 there were plenty of dowels being rolled. Have your vendor on these check them. Essential.

Rob/Ken what a great tribute. I had a similar experience with a 97 ERDM Tainos about a month ago. Thanks for sharing that experience with us.

Des Dieux have been one of my go-to cigars for quite some time. Never rated them as high as 97-99, but consistently 5 smoke rings. What surprises me is that neither Ken nor Rob mentioned exotic wood flavors, which dominate these cigars in my experience.

Never got vanilla. Rob what were you drinking?

Never got vanilla. Rob what were you drinking?

everything Van.

i have to say I agree with you in relation to the woody note of the Dieux I have always enjoyed. In this tasting however, the sweetness was so intense it became the defining charachter.