Rank your Top Three Petit Corona's

I'm looking to expand my repertoire of Petit Corona's. Currently have a few staples in the humidor but I'm curious to know what others have for go their go to PC's. I find this size to be one of the most versitile vitolas out there. If serves very well for a shorter smoke (if you only have an hour), or as a second smoke in case the first didn't quite satisfy.

Reply to this topic by starting off your reply numbered 1, 2 and 3 and include any comments after that. This will make the data collection a bit easier. I'm somewhat of an Excel Guru so I will gather the data and report back on the stats in about a week.

Please only include Petit Corona's (or mareva's if you want to be technical). No Half Corona's, Minuto's, or Perla's. That's a discussion for another day.

Thanks!

G

1.) Bolivar PC

2.) Cohiba Siglo II

3.) Juan Lopez PC

In my opinion, this rank applies whether talking about recent production or something with a few years on it. All three are great but the recent (07-09) BPC have been unreal.

Bolivar PC- 09s are spectacular

MC#4- if a good box. PSP & HQ boxes from here have been fantastic.

PC del Punch- don't normally like Punch, but this is the one to get.

Marevas :

1) Bolivar Tubos #2

2) Bolivar Petit Coronas

3) Punch Petit Coronas del Punch

Petit Coronas (formerly machine-made) :

1) Partagas Mille Fleurs

2) H. Upmann Coronas Major Tubos

3) Punch Coronations Tubos

In no particular order,

Bolivar PC

Monte #4

PLPC

Diplo #4 is a contender.

Also, add Ramon Allones PC if you're counting discontinued items (brings a tear to my eye everytime I look at my last four of these remaining).

1. Bolivar Petit Corona

2. Montecristo No. 4

3. Romeo y Julietta Petit Corona

The BPC is the epitone of consistency

I agree with most that Monte 4 can be inconsistent, but when good they are great.

RyJ PC is underrated IMHO, but definately need a minimum of one year age.

1. Diplo 4 (by a country mile)

2. Siglo 2

3. Punch Petit Corona

There is a huge difference between 1 and 3 though, only reason I wouldn't pick up a Diplo 4 every time is if it wasn't available at that moment.

1. Punch RS12

2. PLPC

3. Siglo II

Siglo II just takes third place ahead of the Bolivar PC, because when they are on they are great... in general though I smoke more Bolivar PC than Siglo II as they tend to be more consistent.

You cannot limit this category to just three.

Here's my list..

1)Dip 4

2)PLPC

3)Boli PC

But no humi is complete without including Monte 4, Punch PC del Punch, Sig II and if you want to stretch the category Trini Reyes and RASCC must be added.

You cannot limit this category to just three.

Here's my list..

1)Dip 4

2)PLPC

3)Boli PC

But no humi is complete without including Monte 4, Punch PC del Punch, Sig II and if you want to stretch the category Trini Reyes and RASCC must be added.

What Diz said ;) , and while I'm just starting to explore them, I might add the the San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe to the must haves of the "stretched category". Wonderful creamy, caramel minuto.

Rick