Does your wife tolerate prior girlfriends?

Saw an old friend at Rugby Saturday. Didn't recognize her at first outside of being a very "tidy" looking mum.

Come halftime and she made a beeline over to myself and introduced herself. She looked familiar but I didn't twig.

Cut a long story short...much embarrassment. I went out with her for a close to a year in my late teens.

Son is same age as my youngest. Divorced. She now wants to catch up and meet the family, have kids play together etc.

As I smiled taking in her request I only had pictures in my head of the robot from Lost in Space "Danger Will Robinson....Danger!!!!!"

Before I knew it I think I said "Yes..what a great idea".

(1) How much trouble am I in?

(2) How do I get out of it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were drinking on the weekends again weren't you?

1) A lot

2) Pack up your house and relocate to a different city/state/country and forget your previous life it never happened.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do Pres cause it's probably going to be wrong no matter what you do! I get yelled at when I even mention an ex.

Ought to make for some good reading over the next few days though. What's the old saying... Comedy is the tragedy of others.

:rotfl:

DAMN, that is a BAD predicament you got yourself in mate. :huh::excl:

1) I can not quantify in words how much trouble you are in (Provided your wife doesn't find out, you should be fine) I'd be dead if I did the same.

2) Getting out of this should be easy provided you don't have a conscience. Just don't call, email, text, receive incomming calls or anything the like. (Hope you didn't give her your contact details bud, tell me you didn't!?!?) :rotfl::shead:

I once bumped into an ex at the local shopping centre (Mall for Americans ;) ) she said hi to me, totally ignoring my wife who was holding on my arm. It was THE MOST uncomfortable situation I have ever been in. I could feel and hear my wifes blood boiling (She is South American, they get VERY jealous!) and then later on, even though I didn't do anything, she gave 'Me' the third degree.....I should have apparently ignored her. :rotfl:

It was nice knowing you Rob. This was something I expected out of your nice friend the wine conesuour who can't seen to find a pair of shorts that fits him but not you! Good god man...THINK! lmao I still need you around to dig up some TEB Lusi's and BRC's!

How funny. I can easily relate. Except my "blast from the past" married one of my first cousins after we broke up years and years ago. So now I get the evil eye (from my better half) every time we have family functions.

Once you figure out how to conquer this beast, please let me know. Guys are always damned if we do damned if we don't...we can never win when it comes to this type of a situation.

:rotfl:

I ran into my ex girlfriend of 3 years at Target.I was with my wife and she knows who she is and we r going down the same aisle.I said hello but when i did i called her by her shortened name(i.e Stephanie=Steph)not her real name but you get the picture.The wife gave me the buisness when we got in the car....it went kinda like this.....(in a real smartass voice)"hi steph" "blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blahblah,blah,blah,shes fat"!!!!!!!!!" That was our conversation on the ride home!!!!

1.C'Mon Pres!!!

2.Ignore/Avoid contact with her in the future.....that's if you WANT a future

1. Yes, if your spouse is like just about every woman I know.

2. Just tell your ex girl its not a good idea. You've got nothing to lose, unless you really wanted to hook up with her and have a fight with you wife.

I had one persistant ex girlfriend contact me via internet and mail. Wife intercepted both communications and was given the third degree. She was really pissed and jealous. Although it was annoying and uncomfortable, I kind of like dit.

I would say the "genie is out of the bottle" and you will have difficulty getting the genie back in the bottle. Maybe an extended business trip abroad is in order - 6-12 months should do wonders :rotfl:

My wife and I lived together for a year, got married, had 2 kids, got divorced,

2 years later,she took me back, lived together again, got remarried

(this time we invited the kids, they missed the first marrige),

and then we had our last kid.

All I can say is, if she still hasn't thrown me out, she can tolerate anything :rotfl:

Rob, there is still hope. :rotfl:

As I smiled taking in her request I only had pictures in my head of the robot from Lost in Space "Danger Will Robinson....Danger!!!!!"

Hmmm... If your present better half is understanding...

from your trips around this planet... she seems that way... then, there is nothing to worry about your sorry arse

Butt... If the better half is the jealous type and gets into your work with a scope, after each trip you make... your Butt is cooked.

other wise I would just play it cool... and carry on your ways..

avoid bringing up the good times... or you are pouring fuel to the fire,

(time to get a five carat diamond ring, do not forget the ear lobes). :whistle:

p.s. Yup... she is reading this forum... isn't she?

Just tell the wife to be grateful, the girl taught you everything you know. That should fix things.

Trust me Rob's wife will want to smack her if Rob says this :whistle: it will be all her fault he is the way he is

Rob your will be in a world of hurt I think and it was nice knowing you :D

Saw an old friend at Rugby Saturday. Didn't recognize her at first outside of being a very "tidy" looking mum.

Come halftime and she made a beeline over to myself and introduced herself. She looked familiar but I didn't twig.

Cut a long story short...much embarrassment. I went out with her for a close to a year in my late teens.

Son is same age as my youngest. Divorced. She now wants to catch up and meet the family, have kids play together etc.

you've been married since you were 16. how bad can it be? how untrusting you've become.

jesus, tell your wife you ran into an old friend you went out with before you knew her and she'd like to catch up and have the kids spend some time together and then ask her what does she think? if she has a problem, she'll tell you.

she wants your children to play together. your wife presumably doesn't let you look after the children without other adult supervision since the hotrod incident and so many other incidents so surely not an issue. hardly sounds like she's expecting to duck behind the garden shed and bend over for you.

let us know when you are next visiting earth.

mind you, having said all that, i recently caught up with someone from about 15 years ago. she got in touch. not quite as hot as i remembered (okay, a lot different but then i possibly am not what i once was) and as soon as i could do it without making it blindingly obvious, made my excuses, raced home to the rum cupboard and put on a few episodes of dexter. figured a serial killer was better company.

it may not be what you remember.

and don't forget, there was a reason she dumped you in the first place.

One night my missus was on Facebook, and I was looking over her shoulder checking out her friends.

One of her friends (from her book club, that meets every Thursday for dinner) was my previous girlfriend (of 8 years!) - that was quite a weird moment.