Women and Cigars......have HSA got it right?

February saw the release of the Romeo y Julieta "Julieta". A small Panetela ((33 band gauge x 120 mm length) in a drop dead gorgeous tin containing 5 cigars.

Officially the release is to celebrate Women and Habanos but you don't have to look too deep to find that the real intent is to increase the number of women smoking Habanos.

I really don't know too many women who smoke cigars. Those that do would as likely kick you in the nuts as much as say "thank you" if you ever offered them a "Womens" cigar.

They are in the main sassy, tough, bright, achievers who can sense patronising morons a mile away.

I assume HSA is not targetting these women but rather "cigarette smokers" through pitching its R&J cigar as far more independent and chic .

I don't know. I still feel uncomfortable with the whole campaign. I can see flavoured cigars being one step closer to becoming a reality.

However I may be a dinosaur in this. i would have preferred to have established a world wide Womens Cigar Club with monthly dinners (all showcased on the HSA website). Led by women for women let them determine the cigars they would like to see repackaged and if necessary developed.

Led by women for women let them determine the cigars they would like to see repackaged and if necessary developed.

Letting the consumer think for themselves... not the HSA way is it?

I cant help but think that cigar smoking will never be a past time endured by the typical women, the image of a cigar smoker being a sophisticated man surrounded by others enjoying a rum and talking about sport/politics etc is too cemented in the minds of society for it to change. The fact that the governments & such are so against any type of smoking in this day and age it would also make it hard for HSA to directly advertise cigars to the women, hence the women who don't currently have anything to do with cigars ever even knowing that a market for them exists in the first place..

Interesting concept none the less, one that I would love to see succeed, but I think it will be a flop on the whole.

Well if it dont no go over well with the ladys i know of alot of small ring gauge fans here and about who will most likely love these cigars made for the ladys..So i think it will be a hit with some of the men here . :peace:

(if anyone wants to know why he might have got said bollocking, tune in to the next video - smithy should have it done by october).

And you call me a dobber........

To the point at hand, we talked a little about this when this cigar was announced. I think I'd probably be a bit insulted were I a woman.

But I guess it fits with HSA's current marketing perceptions - Montecristo Open, RyJ Juileta....

February saw the release of the Romeo y Julieta "Julieta". A small Panetela ((33 band gauge x 120 mm length) in a drop dead gorgeous tin containing 5 cigars.

Is the tin going to be something like this http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...showtopic=96428 ?

Re women and cigars: I find it simply stupid to claim that cigar smoking women only prefers small and thin ones. My personal experience tells me its bollocks!

I have been told personally by women that big gauge cigar was to much for them to handle.

But their are some that can handle it like a champ... :peace:

I have been told personally by women that big gauge cigar was to much for them to handle.

But their are some that can handle it like a champ... :D

Yes.......they can...... :peace:;)

I have seen a few women smoking cigars and one of them is my wife where she has often grabbed my Siglo VI from me.

I have also only just recently seen a woman outdoors with what looked like a Monte #2.

Smaller gauges just because they are women? Kinda like a small car stereotype when these days I see alot more women driving Landcruisers! :D