Tupperware for a humidor?

Bambino68

Good Morning..

I cant seem to keep my humidor at a consistant 68% with my 69& Boveda packets so my cigar shop said my humidor is bad and I can purchase a new higher quality one or try to place my cigars in tupperware container.

Has anyone ever done this? Can someone give me direction of this?

Tupperware or similar works great - an insulated beverage cooler even better. I'd suggest that whatever you choose for humidification, add

water only when necessary - these airtight containers maintain stable climate very well. As for the boveda packs, I've used them in the past

but found that in a humid environment (summer months for example), that they can't absorb enough moisture. I prefer humidity beads and

crystal kitty litter - only adding water when required (I start them completely dry).

• 2 weeks later...

Although not as attractive, Tupperware and/or Rubbermaid containers are far supeior to most less-exensive wooden humidors in terms of holding a steady RH%.

Nothing wrong with being functional, my friend. You don't smoke the humi, you smoke what's inside.

• 3 months later...

I have used tupperware before and actually it was all I had the fist six months I was introduced to cigars. The guys are right, they work great and are actually easier to use than a Humidor just not nearly as nice looking. I know someone that does the cooler thing to in his garage and he never has issues with his Padrons or Hemingway sticks (which is the whole cooler).

• 2 weeks later...
Question for the guys using tupperware: what are using to maintain humidity? pucks, beads, what?

I've got a tupperware container as my NC humidor (maybe 25-30 cigars in there when full). I have just put in a few slithers of cedar wood (from ripped up cigar boxes) and a puckifier 50 count. the pucks work well in my experience, but i only have a small container..

• 2 months later...

*Same thing for me as above...I got a rectangle tupperware container, lined the sides and lid with cedar sheets, taped a paper towel to the top and would wet it as needed. Of course this was before I got a real job, and was able to afford my Daniel Marshalls, and so on! B)