Greetings from Reading, PA

Fumadoro

Hello fellow cigar enthusiasts!

I have been smoking cigars for close to three years now. Since I live in the US, I have never had the pleasure of smoking a genuine Cuban cigar, but would like to start ASAP. I heard of this forum/ online retailer from Dogwatch Cigar Radio, and thought I would trust their advise on coming here for my shopping and advise needs. I am very impressed so far. I am open to any advise on what my first box purchase should be.

May your ashes be long and your cigars never plugged.

Kindest Regards,

Fumadoro

Hello fellow cigar enthusiasts!

I have been smoking cigars for close to three years now. Since I live in the US, I have never had the pleasure of smoking a genuine Cuban cigar, but would like to start ASAP. I heard of this forum/ online retailer from Dogwatch Cigar Radio, and thought I would trust their advise on coming here for my shopping and advise needs. I am very impressed so far. I am open to any advise on what my first box purchase should be.

May your ashes be long and your cigars never plugged.

Kindest Regards,

Fumadoro

Hi Fumadoro,

I am also in PA, just north of Philly. As for first box suggestions, I recommend Monte #4. Its on the cheap side and sort of epitomizes Cuban tobacco IMHO. Just my 2 cents...

Welcome, Fumadoro.

Maybe you can barter with Rob for some CC's with a decent offering of Sturgis pretzels or Gibbles potato chips :)

I could think of lots of boxes to recommend, but I would go w/ the sampler idea. Get the Czar crew to recommend what is smoking well now (you're in luck since '08-'09 seems to be a great year) and put together a nice sampler, maybe a few of each to give them a chance. Pick some vitola that you love and are used to smoking, and maybe some different ones that you are interested in trying.

Rick (formerly of the Philly area and has had his share of Reading area pretzels and chips).

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I like the idea of a few samplers. Thanks for the recommendations.

Welcome from Philly. I would not dare recommend a Cuban cigar for you since I have know idea if you like them thin or fat, strong or mild. A sampler is totally the way to go. Then you get a taste of what the different Cuban brands have to offer.

Welcome to FOH. A sampler over a box purchase is definitely the way to go. You may have already contacted Czar, but if not...be sure to let them know what your tastes lean towards. I think that would help them in putting together a more suitable sampler for you palate. Take care and good luck.

Welcome. I am recently new to this as well.. What a wonderful place both inside and out. I am no cuban master, but some of my favorite smokes include Montecristo, Bolivar, & Cohiba. Bolivar Belicosos Finos are a great starter (in my opinion). This has a nice woody flavour, with a delicious cream and smooth-pure smoke. It's not too big, yet not too small. Robust, but no overpowering with this cigar. I would give it a chance-

Price is cheap as well