Churchill's half-smoked cigar to be auction in Norfolk

A half-smoked cigar, abandoned by wartime prime minister Winston Churchill, is up for sale in Norfolk.

The four-inch unfinished "smoke" could fetch more than £300 because it came from the lips of the famous cigar-smoking statesman before he dashed away to an urgent cabinet meeting.

Proof of its owner is thanks to an enterprising Downing Street valet, Nellie Goble, who grabbed the cigar, and a sheet of number 10 notepaper, on which she penned a note to a friend saying: "Just a small souvenir to remind you at some future date of one of the greatest men that ever lived in England."

Jump to a full text

Thats AWESOME! What type of cigar do you suppose it is?

Of course vitola de galera - Julieta №2 or old name Clemanceau, but what the brand? Too small pick, it's seem like R y J (???) or another one unknown now brand :blink::D

I just had a thought, perhaps I should collect some of Rob's half smoked cigars and a few sheets of Czar house note paper.

But what the hell could we write on the paper.

Any ideas Guys?

I just had a thought, perhaps I should collect some of Rob's half smoked cigars and a few sheets of Czar house note paper.

But what the hell could we write on the paper.

Any ideas Guys?

:) <<Tell that to the marines>> :rotfl:

It's hard for me to tell for sure, but it looks as though the band in the pictured partially smoked cigar is upside down from the usual orientation of Cuban cigar bands. These are normally places so that the band is rightsideup when you look at the cigar with the head at the top.

It's hard for me to tell for sure, but it looks as though the band in the pictured partially smoked cigar is upside down from the usual orientation of Cuban cigar bands. These are normally places so that the band is rightsideup when you look at the cigar with the head at the top.

good catch! I don't recall ever seeing a pic of him smoking a cigar with the band on. So maybe it was placed back on after the fact?