Trinidad Robusto T - GLP MAY 09

asmith

Rob and Jimmy2 claim this is one of the best cigar released last year. So after Ken had to smoke the Jose Piedra, Rob rewards him with this cigar. The guys review this and see if it has settled down from the first review.

Thanks Smithy. It was in my Top 5. Monte Especial was my top cigar for 09.

I should do a special for 12 pack of Trinidad Robusto T and 12 H. Upmann Magnum 48. Will put it up later tonight as it brings together two Stunning Robusto's.

I've only had a couple of singles (will remedy when $ improves) but loved them! Does anybody else find there's a cohiba like grassiness to them?? also found bakery store character, cream and a spice i've had before but can't pin down (bit of cloves maybe...)

Which other of the trinidad line would anyone like to recommend?

Thanks for the review

Thanks for the review. I've only smoked one - enjoyable enough, but not so much as to make me want to buy a box. I have smoked quite a few

Sir Winstons, and was surprised by RA's comparing the two - personally, I'd have never made the correlation. While I also find the SW to be

very refined in it's delivery, I consider it a very flavorful cigar. I might need to try a few more Ts.

For the the Trini T the best in the line i think hands down (not a big fan overall of the line) and so much differant from the other Trini blends thats what make this cigar so great it has it own personality.For me this cigar is very creamy with rich sweet candy flavors with no Cohiba flavor what so ever..

We all have differant tastes i guess... :doghouse:

And for all you non believers here that did not follow my advice for almost a year !!! maybe now that Ken and Rob agree with me get in line now !! and get some got to love the haters LOL..

I have felt exactly the same about Trinidads as Ken does. Never did anything for me. I recognize their quality, but flavors always seemed pointless and muddled.

That said, I will be buying some of these very soon, based in no small part, on Ken's assessment. I have been listening to friends of mine talk about how great these are, and they have been at the back of my mind. However, they have been trinidad fans to begin with. If, like me, he doesn't like most Trini's yet he liked this one as much as he did, I had better at least give it a try.

Great review.

For the the Trini T the best in the line i think hands down (not a big fan overall of the line) and so much differant from the other Trini blends thats what make this cigar so great it has it own personality.For me this cigar is very creamy with rich sweet candy flavors with no Cohiba flavor what so ever..

We all have differant tastes i guess... :)

And for all you non believers here that did not follow my advice for almost a year !!! maybe now that Ken and Rob agree with me get in line now !! and get some got to love the haters LOL..

jimmy, i never doubted you.

Nice review guys.

I've been bigging these up to everyone's annoyance, but I'm hard pressed to think of a regular production that can match it.

Just a great cigar. I also wonder what age will do to these. Not sure how much better they're gonna get, but if they just stay

the same that will be just fine by me. There is a slight bit of edginess at the end which will fall away over time, so that's

something to look forward to.

Smoked an '04 CoRo recently that was very enjoyable, but to tell you the truth, it took no distance on these T's even young.

Great review, like the cigar itself, that review was mostly straight forward and business-like

I bought a single when I first started smoking back in August and didnt care for it but I will give these another chance with a single from Czar

Nice music Ken, Ricky Martin in the last 45 secs of the clip :D

Bart

• 6 months later...

You guys should defintely do a reyes review next! I've been tempted to get a 12count box since they look nice and are cheaper.

I smoked another of these at the weekend and they are not nearly as harse as I found the first two I tried 3 or 4 moths back.

It had nice smooth, not bitter, dark chocolate flavours :D

IMO these are going to be a very flavoursome Cigar in a couple of years time, just seem to have that pedigree :cigar:

Ss