Some general Habanos News

Trinidad Robustos T won´t have a tube presentation.

I have to say I loved the Trinidad T Tube look when presented in Havana but alas i know they are having problems with tube production so it is not a real surprise. One can assume that the new policy of Tubes now being produced in Cuba is not going to plan ;)

A new booklet is being developed and should be ready for February. It´s called El Libro del Habano. It would be printed in four languages (Spa, Eng, Fre, Ger)

A USB card is attached at the inside back cover with a lot of information and pics and most importantly, it will be ready for being updated every time you connect to Habanos web page and request synchronization.

Coming in October

Special Series

Specialties pending for CDH but available in 2-3 weeks

Ramón Allones: Allones Superiores (Corona Gorda size) Cabinet unvarnished of 20´s

La Gloria Cubana Inmensos (Sublime)

The Juan lopez Regional Release (Asia Pacific) will be out in a few weeks with the Por larranaga hopefully not too far behind. I look forward to doing reviews on both.

Czar Customs should be here in the next week to ten days. We will be offering them in packages of 1-5 units to get your feedback.

As for the wacky goings on in HSA.....the inquisition continues but not much I can say at this time :D

Thanks for the info. I know you probably don't have an answer at this time, but I'll ask just the same - any idea on the pricing of the RA Superiores?

My hope is that they'll be "reasonable" to begin with, but also that they'll charge for 20 and not 25. Also, any word on the blending?

(re the size / shape, I hate to say it, but I prefer a "regular CG to the PCC Britanicas)

And not to sound greedy, but will fivers be the initial limit on the customs, or will we be able to acquire multiples?

Trinidad Robustos T won´t have a tube presentation.

I have to say I loved the Trinidad T Tube look when presented in Havana but alas i know they are having problems with tube production so it is not a real surprise. One can assume that the new policy of Tubes now being produced in Cuba is not going to plan ;)

Didn't realize building a tube was akin to rocket science :P This is just sad, but not unexpected.

A USB card is attached at the inside back cover with a lot of information and pics and most importantly, it will be ready for being updated every time you connect to Habanos web page and request synchronization.

I'd be more than happy to pass on the USB if they would just attach some Connie 3's to the booklet :D

RA Corona Gorda and PL Dalia sound great.. any pricing yet?

Rick

Thanks for the info. I know you probably don't have an answer at this time, but I'll ask just the same - any idea on the pricing of the RA Superiores?

My hope is that they'll be "reasonable" to begin with, but also that they'll charge for 20 and not 25. Also, any word on the blending?

(re the size / shape, I hate to say it, but I prefer a "regular CG to the PCC Britanicas)

And not to sound greedy, but will fivers be the initial limit on the customs, or will we be able to acquire multiples?

Colty, HSA is in disarray. No idea on pricing at this time but perhaps they will be reasonable given VP is behind bars ;) No word on blending but Punchy may be able to advise me as he was likely part of the tasting panel.

Re the Customs i just don't want to disappoint anyone and that includes the flavour/quality. Underpromise/overdeliver as far as i am concerned in relation to these.

A new booklet is being developed and should be ready for February. It´s called El Libro del Habano. It would be printed in four languages (Spa, Eng, Fre, Ger)

Sounds like competition to me . . . :D

However, seeing they can't even answer emails................ :blink:

Rob,

I think that those who buy the customs should commit to you to review one on-line. It is a rare opportunity to do so. If that means that you store them at 65% for two months before shipping, while I am sure it will be hard to do, I would suggest that also.

Do you know how long your cigars aged in the Escaparate? While I am by no means in the position to lecture you on cigar handling, so don't misread this, as the leader of this venture I think it your duty to present the cigars in the best possible light and if that means that they must age awhile, I think you should consider that before sending them to the black holes of our own personal collections, if you have not already. I am looking forward to being your harshest critic!!! -LOL -Ray

Czar Customs should be here in the next week to ten days. We will be offering them in packages of 1-5 units to get your feedback.

As for the wacky goings on in HSA.....the inquisition continues but not much I can say at this time :blink:

Nice can't wait to try these :D

Rob,

I think that those who buy the customs should commit to you to review one on-line. It is a rare opportunity to do so. If that means that you store them at 65% for two months before shipping, while I am sure it will be hard to do, I would suggest that also.

Do you know how long your cigars aged in the Escaparate? While I am by no means in the position to lecture you on cigar handling, so don't misread this, as the leader of this venture I think it your duty to present the cigars in the best possible light and if that means that they must age awhile, I think you should consider that before sending them to the black holes of our own personal collections, if you have not already. I am looking forward to being your harshest critic!!! -LOL -Ray

Good idea Ray :huh: I'll commit to that bro. Have we got a third little Piggy follower?

I'm in for a review, but I don't think people should have to 'commit' to doing a review just becasue they want to try the customs. I also think it's up to the individual how long they decide to rest their cigars for, it's not Rob's responsibility - we're all adults after all aren't we? I'm sure our esteemed Prez will be presenting them 'in the best possible light'.

Some people may want to try them 'fresh'. Not trying to be a hassle Ray, just my 2 cents worth...... :huh:

I get'ya on this amigo. The last person who wants a bigger brother is me!!! -LOL Obviously there would be no contract for said review, but I think that there will be those who may want the cigars and get them and then some who don't. If I were running this venture I would like feed back and in the same light as not selling box quantities to maximize exposure, "requesting" not "requiring" an open review does not seem unreasonable. I don't want to tell anyone what to do with their own cigars and am not suggesting that. -Ray

Ramón Allones: Allones Superiores (Corona Gorda size) Cabinet unvarnished of 20´s

La Gloria Cubana Inmensos (Sublime)

I'm looking forward to these two. I saw a box of the LGC Inmensos in Havana in February and they looked lovely.

Sorry about the picture quality, it was through glass.

post-3053-1285977209.jpg

Interesting news, Prez.

Actually, I'm a bit sad to hear that the Trini Robustos T's won't be available in the tubos packaging - I very much enjoy the outcome I've experienced with the tubos stuff over the last few years, so I was looking forward to getting some of these Robustos T's in tubos, and comparing them down the line over the years to the normal boxed versions that I have. But, alas, with H S.A. dealing with so many things right now, cigars themselves come first and foremost, tubos are an afterthought admittedly.

Neat idea about the USB thing. Will be even more interesting to see how it's pulled off, especially with the updating and syncing with H S.A. I think I might get better odds to wager on the Detroit Lions or the Bucs to take the SuperBowl this year. But, time will tell - depends on the "post-crisis" H S.A.'s ability to fulfill everything on its plate right now.

Thanks for the updates. Really appreciate the info forwarded along.

Thank for info Prez. Do you know if they are still going to buy the Tubes in Italy as they are having problems with their new suppliers?

Too bad the Robusto T's won't come in Tubos, was looking forward to putting some away for a while. Maybe I should stock up on some tubos while I still can :cigar:

Can't wait to see what the USB will offer on information, would be nice to have a pocket sized encyclopedia hanging from my keychain :clap:

Thank for info Prez. Do you know if they are still going to buy the Tubes in Italy as they are having problems with their new suppliers?

They are making them in Cuba now as far as I am aware. The whole tube thing is a mess and needs to be sorted out soon.