My 2009 Habanos Cigar of the Year Award

My Habanos of the year is the Diplomaticos #4.

This petit corona has been one of my best "friends" during 2009 which makes it even harder seeing it on the habanos-chopping-block...

Yes. I´ve had better cigars this year. I´ve had more complex smokes...

Yet, this little fella has NEVER let me down. Its consistency has been stellar. I´ve smoked plenty and everyone has been superb in construction and taste. The taste isnt much more than toasted tobacco topped with dark chocolate and coffee. However, its so bloody honest. Every time I light one up I know exactly what to expect. I dont smoke these when I want to have an complex and exciting smoke. I smoke these when I know what I want. When I want to relax and not focus too much on the smoke.

Im glad that I got another box on the way, and hopefully I´ll pick up a few more before they dissapear forever...

post-2756-1262632496.jpg

post-2756-1262632525.jpg

I've really wanted to like the Dip line, but it just does not do it for me.

Always nice to hear about a cigar that you enjoy on a regular basis. I was just getting into the Diplomatico line No.2, 4's and 5's. It sad to see that the No.4, 5's will no longer be in production. :D

The only Dip I have tried was the #2 and it wasn't very good. I have heard that the #4's are really good and I'm surprised they are on the chopping block. Guess a box of these might be in order for me very soon.

The #7 is a very interesting smoke as well! :)

I love the Diplo line. I won't however encourage others to try them. I want the remaining stocks to exist!

Never had a Diplo 7. What's it look like?

There overrated don't jump on there discontinued band wagon...the only one's that are good overall are the #5 the rest just say goodbye !!!

Jimmy, it consistantly irks me on how 'wishy washy' you are with your opinions.

Step up to the plate man, and tell us how you really feel!!

:)

There overrated don't jump on there discontinued band wagon...the only one's that are good overall are the #5 the rest just say goodbye !!!

What is that they say about opinions?

They are like assholes...everyone has one, and they all stink.