Humidity Beads?

acidmase

Put 2 pounds, the more you have the quicker the recovery, the more stable the box and the less frequently you will have to spray em down with distiller water. I can't live without them.

Adding more RH Beads than need will not over humidify but simply reduce the frequency between having to rehydrate them as well as increase the efficiency that the RH Beads cover humidity.

I hope this helps

~Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Having extra beads in the humi(s) not only reduces the frequency at which they must be re-misted, but reduces the severity of RH swings inside the humi. If you like to open the lid and have a whiff/peek everyday, or like to regualrly stand with the lid open and decide what to smoke, buy extra. You just cannot lose by having too many beads inside.

That being said, some people beleive beads are beads. I use kittly litter (beads) to protect more cigars than I could ever DREAM of replacing should anything happen.

My $.02

Just got some cigarmony beads in the mail. Its funny, the 2 little jar humidifiers I have right now are supposed to be 70% I believe, but my hygrometer has been steady at 64%, which I like more. I'm sure these beads will get me exactly at 65%

Nice setup...

Thanks, that's just a promotional picture though! :rotfl: I'll post some of my actual one when it gets a bit more crowded in there!

If not abused, they should last forever.

Just use distilled water and you should be set.

Thanks, that sounds great.

I've always been using just distilled water with beads.

What's your experience with rehydrating beads inside stockings. I mist them through the stockings but this leaves the nylon fairly damp, so I roll them around a little in a papertowel to dry them. the mesh is so tight, I'll sometimes stretch it out and mist through that. I've poured a teaspoon of water onto dry beads but the water just pools up until I stretch it out. What do you all do? Anyone use the mesh bags?

What's your experience with rehydrating beads inside stockings. I mist them through the stockings but this leaves the nylon fairly damp, so I roll them around a little in a papertowel to dry them. the mesh is so tight, I'll sometimes stretch it out and mist through that. I've poured a teaspoon of water onto dry beads but the water just pools up until I stretch it out. What do you all do? Anyone use the mesh bags?

I use the mesh bag, and just spray them down. When I get overzealous, at times, they become too damp, and I usually just "wipe" them down. I've also read that you can put a small bowl of water in the cooler instead of spraying the beads down, but I haven't tried that yet. (Im scared that I'll bump into the cooler and the water will spill over)

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick question.

I just ordered some beads and got the 65% ones. Question is which are better, 65 or 70? i think i read on someplace that 65% are better for Cubans but then again i might just be making that up.

It's true many keep their cigars at a humidity lower than 70%, feeling it aids in draw, burn, and that it helps keep flavors from becoming muddled.

Flip side is that there are also some who prefer their cigars at a humidity closer to 70%.

The truth is that it comes down to personal preference, and it might be worth your while to try it both ways with a few cigars from the same

box if possible.

Colt is right...it all comes down to personal preference. I actually like my cigars around 62 to 63.